Friday, October 25, 2013

Girls Weekend Part II

Robbie & I usually plan 2 girls/guys weekends a year. They are good for your soul. There is no pressure, no schedules, no drama, just hanging out, catching up and relaxing. It just so happens that my 2 girls weekends were 2 months apart and both at the beach. I mean, there is no better place to relax than the beach!

This weekend, it was myself, Margaret & Kimberly. We all became friends when we were living in Chattanooga. Robbie & Kimberly's husband went to high school together and Kimberly's husband & Margaret's husband were in the same fraternity in college. We all found ourselves married & living in Chattanooga. Margaret & I were both in our first year of marriage and Margaret, Kimberly & I all experience our first pregnancy within a year of each other. None of us had parents/grandparents that lived in Chattanooga, so we had to always help each other out. Us 3 couples became very close. We all lived within minutes of each other, our kids got a long great and we were all just very similar. We saw each other almost weekly. Rather it was cooking out at one of our houses, our Sunday night dinners at Lupi's or trips we planned together, our friendship became like family. First Robbie & I moved to Birmingham, then Margaret & her family moved to New Orleans. So now we are all spread apart and I miss them so very much. So I was super excited to see them this weekend so we could catch up!


Friday night at dinner

Saturday, we rented some beach chairs, and just hung out at the beach. It was so nice. I love the beach this time of year. It is not crowded, the water is beautiful and it's just nice & cool. We laughed, caught up, reminisced. It was such a good time.

As the sun was starting to set


Saturday night at dinner
Note: No I'm not sunburned. Not sure why my face looks so red!

It was such a nice, relaxing, perfect weekend!

No comments: