Monday, July 15, 2013

Jake & Mommy Weekend

Robbie was in Chicago this past weekend for a guy's trip. When Jake was a baby, I was terrified to spend the weekend alone just him & I. I would always go visit someone or invite someone up to stay with us. Not sure why? But now that Jake is older, I love a weekend that it is just me & him. And this one did not disappoint.

We started Friday night with Mimi coming over to help finish sewing the slipcovers for our new dining room benches. Thank you Mimi!!
One stop closer to actually completing our dining room!
After I put Jake to be, I got to watch Dateline NBC in peace & quiet!

Saturday we went to the pool for a few hours
Jake swimming with a new little friend
I packed us a picnic which Jake loved. 
Enjoying his jelly sandwich.
I tried telling him it was a peanut butter & jelly sandwich, but he refused.
It was just a jelly sandwich.
After the pool, we got cleaned up and went to run errands. I've been stalking TJ Maxx for a year now, looking for plain white plates to use for a display. I refused to pay more than $1 per plate, so that made my mission difficult. It finally paid off though! There on the clearance aisle were 4 white plates marked down to $1 each. I couldn't believe my luck!

We had supper at Chick-fil-a then headed home. Jake & I watched a movie together (Despicable Me) & had popcorn.

Sunday after lunch, we headed to the McWane Center for a few hours.
Jake always asks me to take his picture in the fish's mouth





Jake is going through this annoying smile phase. If you take his picture & tell him to smile, he makes this goofy face. It's driving me nuts.

 Daddy arrived home Sunday evening & we were so excited to see him!

No comments: