Monday, July 8, 2013

4th of July

The week of the 4th of July, my parent's reserved their condo at the beach for the week. As soon as Robbie got off of work on Wednesday, we headed down. We knew going into it, that it was predicted to rain every.single.day. And it did. But we still went, because we've never let a little thing like rain prevent us from a road trip or vacation! So off we went to Seagrove Beach.
 
Jake insisted on wearing his goggles the ride down
On Thursday, it rained all day long. Never letting up. I have to give the kids credit, they did great & found ways to entertain themselves. Friday & Saturday, it rained a lot, but there would be little pockets that it would stop. So you had to be wearing your swimsuit, ready to head out the door, as soon as the rain stopped.
Waiting on the rain to stop so they can head to the beach
These 2 are the biggest mess. I love their friendship & closeness.


Going crazy because I'm making them take pictures on the balcony while the
rain stops

 
No, we did not plan on coordinating their swimsuits!
It just happened.
My sister-in-law & I just love all things seersucker & monogrammed!
 
Finally! A break in the rain!
One of their favorite things?
Stomping in the water puddles on the way to the beach
 
 
The waves were really rough, so there was a double red flag (no swimming allowed). So the kids could only stand at the edge. Also, due to the rain, the water had a brown tint & a lot of foam. It was crazy looking. One of the things that I love the most about the Gulf Coast beaches, is I think they have the most beautiful water & sand of any beach in the US. So it got a reprieve this one time. The water & weather was beautiful when we were here in May & I'm hoping it will be back like that when we are back down in September.
Playing along the water's edge with Gran

They even got in a little swimming pool time
The water was FREEZING
And because their aunt/mom is crazy, during one of the rain breaks, I made them all go down to the beach to take pictures. 
Sweet cousins
(We missed our Woody!!)


 


Maddox - age 9
 
Marrell - age 4.5 (She will be 5 in September)

Jake - age 4.5 (He will be 5 in December)

 
I took over 100 pictures & most of them looked like this


 
 So what all do you do while it rains at the beach?
Play with bubbles on the balcony


Watch a ton of movies
 

Thanks Nana & Gran for a fun & memorable vacation!
Even though the weather wasn't the most cooperative,
we still had a great time, laughed a lot and made wonderful memories.
(And thanks Jake for being too interested in
blowing a bubble than to look up.)
 On Saturday night, my sweet parents took the kids to an arcade & Robbie & I got to go out to eat on our own.
2 crazy kids
  


Jake & Daddy

Nana with 2 of her babies
Side Note: No, my family is not my parent's favorite and the only ones invited. Ha! My brother & sister & their families were invited too. My brother & sister-in-law (Maddox & Marrell's parents) were actually down Monday through Wednesday. My SIL is a L&D nurse & had to work on the 4th. Considering getting someone to trade shifts with you on a holiday is harder than getting pardoned, they unfortunately had to head back on Wednesday. But, we are thankful they left the girls, so the kids could make some cousin memories! My sister & brother-in-law (Woody's parents) planned to come Wednesday through Saturday. But they just closed on their new house, plus a sick baby, BIL traveling out of town for a week on Saturday & the forecast of rainy weather, they decided to stay in Atlanta. We understood, but I missed my brother & sister & families!
 
Happy 4th of July!
A look back at our last 4 4th of July's:
2009 
 

No comments: