Tuesday, June 11, 2013

What we've been up to since the beach...

Going to church
Jake found one of these old party hats. He insisted on wearing it all day long.
While watching movies

While playing with toys.
He seriously wore it all day long.
June 3 - First Day of Swim Lessons!
Our neighborhood pool's lifeguards are through our local YMCA. So they offer private swimming lessons at our pool. We were pleasantly surprised that they are actually cheaper than taking group lessons at the Y's location. Yea! So we signed Jake up.

Jake & his teacher
 Jake did really well. I think it helped that we had just gotten back from the beach, so he was familiar with water. He says he loves it & he already seems much more comfortable in the water this year verses last year. We have 3 more sessions this week. I don't think that he'll be swimming on his own by the end of the sessions (he'll only have had 5), but I think they have laid the groundwork for the rest of summer. We've been very pleased.

Jake & his soccer trophy. It is a wonder that trophy is still in one piece. Jake plays with it all.the.time. He brought it upstairs the other day while I was working & asked me to take his picture with his trophy. Um, okay?
I was helping host a shower in Troy Saturday morning, so Jake & I headed down to my parent's to spend Friday night. (That would shave an hour off my morning drive, plus Jake could spend the day with my parents.) When we got there Friday night, they had decided that they were going to have a campout with their oldest 3 grandchildren. 
The tents all setup

Roasting marshmallows








Jake with his flashlight on his head.
He had a very serious face while wearing this.


A little late night campsite football

And of course running around scaring each other

Maddox & Marrell in their tent

Jake & Gran in their tent
(My brother was in the 3rd tent)
 Mom & I left the campers and headed into the house. We had bets on how long they would stay out there. They made it until 10. Dad swears he thinks they could make it through the whole night, he's just got to find an actual camping tent large enough. So this will be the first of many campouts!

No comments: