Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Beach!

We had my parent's condo in Seagrove, FL reserved for the weekend of Memorial Day. Robbie, Jake & I drove down Thursday night after work. We got up Friday, went to the store, got settled, took a nap & then finally headed down to the beach around lunch time. We randomly just picked a spot, dropped our stuff down & then we hear..."Robbie, Emma?" We looked over & it was 2 of our friends from Chattanooga, Shelly & Andy. They were staying in Blue Mt. Beach, but were over in Seagrove for the day visiting with some friends. How lucky that we picked the spot exactly beside them. How random! Their friends had a little 4-year-old boy, so it worked out perfectly. Robbie & I got to hang out & catch up with friends & Jake had a friend to play with. It was a great day! 
 
 I was really proud of Jake. He is usually the hugest scaredy cat about everything (water, fish, seaweed, crabs, etc...). He LOVED the water. Wasn't scared at all. He played & played all day long.
That night, we just got pizza & waited for our friends to arrive. Our friends from Chattanooga, Zach & Kimberly and their 2 kids Addie (3) & Tyler (6 months) arrived Friday night.
 
Saturday morning, we all headed down to the beach. We spent ALL DAY LONG at the beach. It was such a wonderful & fun day! 
Jake & Addie


How Tyler spent most of the time
We had a Subway picnic lunch on the beach

Lots of being buried in the sand...
...lots

Addie burying Jake
 The weather & water was perfect. It was warm, but not unbearably hot. The water was so calm & very shallow. It was nice because Jake could stand in the water & it would only go to his knees. He could walk all the way to the sandbar with no trouble. The boys spent most of the day out in the water & Kimberly & I hung out under the canopy. I loved just being able to sit back, relax, listen to music & watch the kids play.
Perfect day
Saturday night, we decided to grill out at the condo. The boys grilled & Jake and Addie played on the grass while Kimberly, Tyler & I sat on the balcony & watched. 

 
Zach & Robbie
Dinner: Shrimp, bacon wrapped scallops, grouper & corn on the cob
I took a picture of it all on the grill, but everything was wrapped in tin foil, so it
 was  a useless picture. Of course I didn't take a picture of the finished product on
our plates. We ate it all too quickly!
 
The kids did a lot of this (playing on iPhones)

Watching a movie before bed
(No we did not let our son sleep in the same bed as a girl:). Addie had
her own twin bed in the room.)
We spent all day Sunday on the beach as well. That night we decided to go to Seaside for dinner. 
Addie & Jake before dinner
Poor Jake, 3 full days at the beach, with sand, saltwater & me applying sunscreen on
his face hourly, his eyes were completely bloodshot & red. He wasn't complaining
about it, rubbing them or saying it was bothering him. They just looked horrible.

Pictures before dinner



 
Daddy & Jake

Addie, Robbie & Jake

The Strickland's
Our family

Jake feeding Tyler at dinner
After dinner we walked across the street to get ice cream
Jake tickling Tyler's feet
(Jake LOVES babies)
 
 
 
Tyler & Kimberly

Giving mommy kisses
 
me & Kimberly

Jake loved getting to hold Tyler & Tyler was such a good sport!
On Monday, Memorial Day, Robbie & the Strickland's left. My parent's condo wasn't rented for another week, so my mom decided to come down for a few days. Jake & I stayed to spend some time with her. She brought my nieces Maddox & Marrell when she came down Monday afternoon. Jake was so excited to see his cousins!
 
My mom got the kids goggles at Publix. Jake called them his "gogglers" and insisted on wearing them all.the.time.
Marrell & Jake taking a bath wearing their googlers
(Marrell's had turtles on them & Jake's had frogs)
We took the kids to the beach on Tuesday. It was definitely tougher being outnumbered by kids & not having a guy around to help us! But we had a great time and the kids had a blast. That evening, Maddox really wanted to go to an arcade & I didn't feel like braving the beach again, so we agreed. The kids had the best time! 
Mom helped Maddox & I watched Jake & Marrell
Tuesday night, my brother Billy & sister-in-law Leigh Ann (Maddox & Marrell's parents) come down to spend the rest of the week. It was nice to have reinforcements!
Jake ADORES his Uncle Billy
Because Jake's eyes had been so red, I kept him completely from the beach all day Monday & we only spent limited time there Tuesday. Instead, we took the kids to the pool. The waves were also really rough those days, so it was just easier at the pool. (Usually I'm very anti-pool when at the beach. We have a pool at the end of our street that I can go to every day. We only get to go to the beach a few times a year, so when we are there, I want to spend all day long at the beach. But the pool was just easier with the kids & better on Jake's eyes, so it worked out perfectly.)
 
Jake & Marrell swam all day long

Maddox, Jake & Marrell

Jake swimming with his googlers
 
 

Mom trying to teach Jake & Marrell the game trouble
They didn't get it.
Wednesday afternoon, we took the kids to Seaside to get ice cream & run off some energy.

 
Marrell giving Jake some of her water
I love these 2 little relationship
They fight like brother/sister, but love each other so much
There is only a 3 month age difference between them. I hope that they are always
this close.

My attempt at a picture of them.
FAILED
 
Waiting for our pizza to be ready for dinner
 

We spent some time Thursday down at the beach.
 
 
That afternoon, mom & Billy took the kids up to the pool, and Leigh Ann & I spent time just hanging out at the beach. It was so much fun getting to hang out & catch up with her, just the two of us. 
 
My mom watched the kids Thursday night so Billy, Leigh Ann & I could go to dinner. Thanks mom!! After we got back, we took the kids for a nighttime walk on the beach.
Marrell wanted me to take her picture with her wearing her fancy hat
 
 

 
Sweet cousins

 

 
My brother's family
 It was a great fun time at the beach!

No comments: