Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Happy Easter!

We started off our Easter holiday with Jake's class party on Thursday.
Their little Easter Egg baskets that they made

At their class party

Playing a game

The Easter Egg hunt!


 
Jake & his best friend Tanner enjoying their cupcakes after the hunt
On Friday, I was planning to take Jake to see the Easter bunny and spend the afternoon just him & me  
Mimi made him an Easter bunny cinnamon roll for breakfast
 Easter bunny pictures from years past. I cannot find his 1st Easter bunny picture 


Easter Bunny 2013 - 4 years old


 We spent the rest of the afternoon playing around at the galleria....
Riding rides

Trying on sunglasses

Eating cookies

Riding the train
His FAVORITE!!



We visited the toy store and Lego store and ate lunch. It was a sweet afternoon with my very sweet little boy.

Saturday morning, Jake had his 3rd soccer game. Before each game, a player volunteers to pray. This Saturday Jake volunteered. This is the start of his prayer (he was speaking too softly for any of us on the sidelines to hear).  
 By the middle of his prayer, he was looking at people & moving his hands. I think he had moved on to preaching or telling a story. At some point, he either said Amen or the ref wrapped it up for him. We could have been there all day! 
 Jake had a great game! The 1st 2 games, he just kind of ran around. But we've been practicing with him. He finally would get in there & go for the ball. And he finally scored!! (Well, the first goal was in the opponent's goal, but we still count it!) We told him that his goal was the other goal & he said that he didn't like that goal.
Going for the ball
Jake's 1st goal!! (In the right goal) 
 He actually used his body to block the other kid from getting the ball. Jake is not an aggressive kid at all, so Rob & I were completely surprised. Where did this alter personality come from and where was it the previous 2 weeks?

After the soccer game, we headed down to Prattville to spend some time with my family.
Jake & Nana making some Easter cookies

Our sweet Mo-Mo

My little grown-up oldest niece Maddox

And our newest munchkin Woody
We brought the jump house for the kids to play in 


The older kids thought it was lots of fun...

...Woody did not think it was fun

Maybe it's not so bad

Now he wants to get in & jump
Only a few more years Woody & you'll be running around with the rest of them!
My grandmother came and her walker was getting stuck in the grass, so Jake ran over to help. 

Playing some golf with Uncle Billy

Woody & Marrell
The older grandkids are obsessed with tackling and wrestling with Gran. It is their favorite game to play. I think Woody is going to fit in very nicely.


Playing soccer with Uncle Brooks
Jake & his MoMo

That afternoon, my parents had an Easter egg hunt 



Jake & Woody

Jake loves playing with baby Woody
Jake was trying to hold Woody
I don't think Woody thought that was a good idea

Gran & Jake
These 2 are a mess!

Gran with Jake & Woody

Nana & Gran with their 2 grandsons
Um, can we say someone was tired on the way home?
Sunday morning! Happy Easter!!


 Jake's school doesn't talk about the Easter bunny, so he was pretty clueless that the Easter bunny would come to his house & bring him things. We could have gotten away with not giving him anything, but I wanted him to have a few things in his Easter basket. He got a new Veggie Tales book & new cup and some candy. He was very please. He asked if this stuff came from Wal-Mart. Ha! 

Before church
 Jake's first Easter in big boy clothes. He doesn't have a belt, he is slouching and it looks like his zipper is unzipped. It is going to take me a while to get used to big boy church clothes.
 I was fussing about him slouching in the picture, so he posed below & asked "is this better?". Um, no.


 I am obviously horrible at Easter morning pictures

On the way to church
I had bought a Veggie Tales Easter egg dye kit, but we didn't have time to do it before Easter. So we did it Sunday afternoon.

Don't you love the chocolate mouth?
I love projects, but don't particularly love doing a project with Jake (that's what he goes to school for!). So when we do, do a project together, I want him to love it & for it to be special. That's what I thought about our Easter egg project. Of course, halfway through, Jake asked me if we are finished. I said no. Then he kept asking when we would be finished. I asked him if he was having fun & he said yes. He just said that he thought we'd done enough (we'd done 6). Thanks a lot!
The finished product!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

You make me laugh so hard. It is very cool seeing Jake grow and change. Oh, and beautiful family picture!! Model Sister!!

Emma said...

Um, I’m pretty sure I was posing for a glamour shot in our family photo. Just wish I had my hand under my chin.