Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A bed, a car & a cross

Jake was gone with his Mimi & Granddad (Robbie's parents) all the previous week for spring break. They got back Saturday afternoon & boy was I sooooooooooooo happy to see my little guy. I missed him so much!

#283
Poor Mimi & Granddad. They had just spent a full week with Jake. They are temporarily living with us while their house is gutted & rebuilt, so they are crammed in our guest bedroom. Jake loves to hang out in their room & he can often be found lounging on their bed playing with their iPod or iPad.
March 24
 #282
 Practicing soccer with Daddy


March 25
#281
Jake LOVES to play in my car. He has actually loved playing in cars since he was a toddler. I guess it never gets old.
"winking"

He asked me if I would give him the keys.
Um... no.

Touching all the buttons.
Guaranteeing the next time I drive, I'll have to reset all of the buttons that Jake has messed with.

Checking out his hair

He calls the back of the car his secret hiding spot

March 26
 #280
Getting ready for Easter. I've been wanting to hang a wooden cross on our door for weeks now. I saw tons of them at a craft show & just knew that I could make my own for much cheaper. I had all of the supplies, I just had to buy a small flat piece of wood (less than $5). Robbie told me to draw out my cross, then he would cut it out. Easy peasy. What I didn't count for, was the fact that I cannot draw. Not even a cross with slightly curved rounded edges. I was ready to give up time #1, when Robbie offered to draw out the cross for me. He drew it out & it looked great! (He has a lot more patience than me. He graphed everything out & slowly drew it. I just tried to freehand eyeball the whole thing.) Then we began to cut it out with the saw. We kept trimming down one edge to get it to match the other. Then we'd end up trimming down too much, and have to trim the other. I was scared that it was going to end up being a cupcake topper. Ready to give up time #2. We finally just stopped & decided that the uneven edges went with its "shabby chic" look.
March 27

No comments: