Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Blading, Soccer & Cousins Come

#275
For Easter, my brother & SIL gave Jake these 2 spinning discs with a long stick that you pull out to make them spin on their own. Jake has been absolutely OBSESSED with these things. He calls them his "bladers". He challenges us all to "battle". I'd love to say that he just has a great imagination, but he has gotten the idea from this ridiculous cartoon BeyBlade. BeyBlade was his obsession for a few weeks, so this gift just fueled the fire. Mommy, Daddy, Granddad, Mimi, we've all had to battle with the bladers (which is not very interesting). If ours spins longer then his, he'll say "awesome move!". The cartoon is horrible, but Jake was pretty cute on how excited & into it he was. That was until I realized that the "bladers" metal spinning tip has completely scratched up our dining room table & coffee table. Somehow, the 2 sticks have mysteriously disappeared. (No, I did not hide the sticks (even though it did cross my mind). The green stick went missing first (which was so tragic to Jake you would have thought someone passed away) and now the purple one has gone missing. I have no idea where they went, we've looked everywhere. I just thank the person who broke into our house to only steal a purple & green stick at different times. Must have been some of those rival bladers.)
He had to watch the cartoon and play with the spinners

Acting everything out


That's my son. Champion BeyBlader

Showing his awesome moves
April 1
#274 
Santa Claus in the Bath


I'm just glad he is finally shaving his face.
A year ago, he would only want to shave his legs.
Like mommy
April 2
 #273
Our neighborhood park has a little walking trail that has a small creek with a bridge. Jake loves to throw sticks from the bridge and watch them come out the other side.
Gathering his collection of sticks

Throw in on one side


Watching it go underneath

Now on the other side

Blading outside. By this point, we'd lost one of the sticks.

April 3
 #272
Cousin Jackson comes to visit! Jackson had spent his spring break week with Granddad & Granddad Jake, so before the Bush's took Jackson back home, he spent a few days at our house. Jake was so excited! 
Playing trains

Poor Mimi & Granddad. Now another grandson taking up room in their bed.
April 4
 #271
I took the boys to the park to play

Watching a movie

April 5
 #270
Jackson got to see Jake play soccer on Saturday & Jake also had some other fans come visit - cousins Maddox & Marrell! Everyone there to cheer Jake on.



After the game, the Bush's had to take Jackson back to Chattanooga, but my family came over to the house for a little while. And of course the kids did what they love to do - fight Gran the Evil Monster.
Jake chasing Gran around the house



They do all of this while screaming in high pitch voices.
I'm surprised we didn't get a noise complaint.
Gran holds one grandchild hostage while the others have to free them.
Fun times


 After my poor dad being completely worn out by fighting with 3 grandkids for over an hour, my family packed up & headed back home. So it was just Robbie, Jake & me for the rest of the evening.
Best seat in the house
Just hanging out after everyone had left


It had been a long, fun, exciting day for Jake. Around 5:00, he came into the living room, had his leg draped across my legs and was talking to me when he feel asleep mid-sentence. Poor thing. He was exhausted.
April 6
#269
 Jake loves to talk about picnics. Sunday after church, it was such a beautiful day and Jake wanted a snack, so I put his snack in an Easter basket that has still not been put away a picnic basket for him to eat outside. You would have thought I'd given that child a million dollars (or found his blading sticks). He was so excited and just kept talking on & on about it.
So proud of his picnic basket
April 7
 I completely failed at taking any pictures the rest of the week. In my defense, it was a busy week with work and we were leaving Thursday evening for a trip to Chicago. Needless to say, the blog didn't get updated, no pictures taken  and I'm pretty sure someone destroyed my house.

No comments: