Tuesday, September 13, 2011

When the person cutting your hair says "uh oh"

I want to explain my horrible hair in the pictures below. So, about 2 weeks ago, I was at the Aveda Institute having one of their students highlight & cut my hair. You can't beat the deal. Yes it takes forever & yes it is not as great as a salon, but since I've gone to part-time (therefore cutting my salary), I just couldn't justify my $160+ hair appointments every 6 weeks. (I tried, but Robbie wasn't going for it). So the Aveda Institute is a great deal. This is my 2nd time going, but 1st time getting my hair cut. I guess that's why they say "you get what you pay for".

The highlights were okay. The initial hair cut was okay. Then came the bangs.

I had shown the student a picture of this...


And walked out with something more similar to this...

As the girl went to cut my bangs (which I showed her the picture & said that I wanted them pushed to the side & way past my eyes), she pulls my hair the opposite way across my face, & cuts in slope to above my eye. And says "uh-oh, let me get my instructor". I do not know if she was absent on bang cutting day, but I have no idea what she was doing. Then her instructor had the nerve to tell me "well, you probably just aren't used to having bangs". Um, I've had these types of bangs tons of time. But the bang cut they just gave me looked the same as when my dad cut my bangs in 2nd grade. Both = too short & uneven. So now it is just a mess to try to fix. I've manage to push them kind of to the side, but tiny short hair can only stretch so far.

I'm trying to remember how long it took my bangs to grow out in 2nd grade.


No comments: