Sunday, September 11, 2011

2011 Football Season - Week 1

Here we are... our Labor Day weekend started where Robbie has spent the last 32 years, I've spent the last 6 years & Jake has spent the last 3 years... Auburn, AL. The last year, our lives have been so crazy and inconsistent, I was actually looking forward to the fall just so we could have some routine & normalcy in our lives. Plus, who doesn't get excited about college football. Even if you don't like football, you got to love the food, the friends, the parties. I love all of it. And even though I'm not an Auburn fan* (and never will be), I feel very lucky to get to experience the games, the tailgating, the RV. Hello Football Season!
Helping daddy set up the tents
Dad's little helper
This year we've added a kids area. Not only is our tailgate in the middle of an RV field with cars & RVs, but our spot is on the corner of the main road. There is so much going on, needless to say you have got to keep a super close eye on the kiddos. So we added a tent over to the side away from the road, put plastic fence around it & added some toys. You still have to keep a close eye, but at least it helps!
Trying to get a family picture. Fail....
Fail again
Trying to get a picture of the boys. Not working so great.
Close. We at least got a picture with 2 of 3 looking.
Henry was making funny faces.
We took Jake to the game. It's his 4th Auburn game he's attended. He was pretty overwhelmed & unsure at first. But it didn't take him long until he got into it. And cheered. And got restless. And got hot. And got tired. We made it until half time.

I tried to get the annual picture of the Bush's, but as you can see,
it was my 100th failed picture of the day.
(And yes, I do think it is kind of funny that Jake is frowning at Auburn.)
Watching the game with Daddy
  *I know I make this disclaimer every year, but I feel like it is a must. I am NOT an Auburn fan. I never have been and never will be and Robbie would never want that to change. I love my husband, I love my in-laws, I love our Auburn friends, I love us all hanging out & tailgating, I love watching our kids play together, I love the fellowship. I do not like Auburn, I hate the color orange, I hate the weagle weagle chant. But you can't love everything in life. And as long as your loves outweigh your dislikes, then life is just fine. Hope everyone has a GREAT football season and have fun cheering for your favorite team!

No comments: