Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Happy Birthday Siblings!

Both mine & Robbie's siblings all have birthdays in August. Happy Birthday Andrea, Billy & Lindsey! I know that we don't tell them enough how much we love & miss them (& we obviously don't take enough pictures of them!). We've got some pretty awesome siblings & we sure do love them a lot.

First up, on the 13th was Robbie's sister Andrea's birthday. Andrea is one busy lady. How she juggles it all, I have no idea. She is an ER nurse, is going back to get her master's, her husband is a restaurant manager, so they both work crazy hours and to top it off, she is the mother to one of the sweetest little boys in the world - Jackson! Andrea is so much fun and has been so sweet & welcoming ever since I met her younger brother!


On the 23rd, was my brother Billy's birthday. My brother is a little over 3 years older than me. We have always been super close. Now, we fought like cats & dogs growing up of course, but we have always had a tight bond. He has always looked out for me, even when I didn't want him to (do you know how many guys he scared off in high school?!?!). Big brothers are a parents dream if they are going to have a little girl! I would listen to my big brother way sooner than my parents (I mean, WHAT did they know?). He was also much more in the social scene than a parent could be, so he could definitely be a nark. Plus, I never wanted to disappoint him. I've always looked up to Billy and his opinion matters a lot to me. Even to this day. He is principal of a high school and I'm amazed at how much he cares about that school, the students and their success. (And he is my go-to person for parent etiquette at school!)
Lastly, on the 30th, my younger sister Lindsey celebrated her 25th birthday. Lindsey is 7 years younger than me and when her little surprise self came along, I was in that awkward stage of childhood, where I was too old to think a little sibling was neat & new and too young to really do something helpful like babysit. We always seemed to be in different stages of life growing up. She was in elementary school when I was in high school. I was in college when she was in high school. We both did get married within 3 months of each though! Over the years, we have grown much closer. Now, we are very very different, but I've come to realize that we are also very much alike with certain things. I can remember growing up, I would give Lindsey my hand-me-down clothes (about 5 years out of style), and she would be so excited. Now I'm asking her for fashion advice & begging for her castoff Tory Burch flats. Lindsey & her husband Brooks married pretty soon after they both graduated from Alabama. Usually I would say that you miss out on a lot if you marry that quickly out of college, but boy they have one fun life! They love to take last minute weekend trips to places like Vegas & Miami. She has a closet to die for which includes things like Christian Louboutin shoes. Because they don't have kids yet, they can do fun things like turn a bedroom into a closet. They live in Atlanta in a great part of town where they are remodeling their townhouse. She definitely makes young & married cool. But my favorite thing about Lindsey is her huge heart. Growing up, it would drive me crazy that she would get her feelings hurt so easily, but now I appreciate it because I know that she just really cares about people. Believe me... she is a MUCH sweeter person than me. But don't let that sweetness fool you, she definitely has a feisty side! Lindsey teachers school in Atlanta and I'm so proud at how much she loves those kids and everything she does for them. Every time we hang out, I just love it and wished that we could hang out more often. But they are one of the few people that I know that keep a busier schedule than us! If you want a good laugh, you MUST read her blog (http://teachchic.blogspot.com/). A lot of times I catch up on blogs while I'm putting Jake to sleep (yes, I know... great parenting job!) and I don't know how many times I've about woken him up because I was dying laughing at her blog. She writes with the angle that teachers can be fashionable. I love that blog & I especially love her so very much.



1 comment:

Lindsey said...

*Tear! You are too kind! I can't wait to see you soon! Love and miss you!