Friday, August 5, 2011

Good-bye July

Because Robbie & I both work in business & Jake goes to school year round, the summer months are really no different then all of the others except they are much hotter! Sometimes it makes me sad that I will never have another summer vacation, but at least I don't have to get sad when it ends! I do like though that the months June, July & August just seem to be more laid back. Therefore, I still LOVE summer even though I don't get a summer vacation. But this summer has been tough & I have to admit, I'm glad July is over. I had 2 huge projects at work that both happened to fall into the month of July. So I spent all of June & July preparing. Add on top of that selling the house (PRAISE!!), but the buyers moving up the closing date 2 weeks, meant we were scrambling to get everything ready. Thankfully we had a relocation company moving us, but it was still hectic trying to get everything ready. (But again, we are so so so thankful to get the house sold & moved out, so we are happy no matter how crazy it was!) Add onto that a few other bumps along the way. But, July is gone & I now get to try to celebrate the last month of summer!

We are kicking our August off with a trip to see Jake's Chattanooga girlfriend Addie for her 2nd birthday. Jake's closest friends in Chattanooga were Addie & Connor. He has seen them both since we left, but the 3 of them have not had a chance to hang out all together. He is so excited to see them!! (And of course Robbie & I are so excited to see their parents who just happen to be some of our closest friends in Chattanooga as well!) Then next week, we FINALLY get to go on a vacation. I feel like some people are already on their 5th or 6th vacation of the year. We are heading down to the beach for a few days. And I'm super excited because we will be joined by one of my best friends Stephanie & her family! YAHOO!!

Here's to last few days of summer! We are certainly going to try to make them count!

No comments: