Monday, January 24, 2011

Jake's 2nd Birthday Party

After the craziness of throwing together last year's party, I swore that I would plan earlier this year. Next thing I know, it is the week before Jake's party & I've done nothing. I have about a million ideas in my head, but have not done the first thing. So, I just used the same ideas as last year, just with a different theme & colors. I SWEAR next year I'm going to come up with some new ideas!

The inviteThe Decor
I loved the cow balloons that I found at Party City!
Front door hanger
Back door hanger
The gift bag loot
Farmyard book for guests to sign
Birthday hat
Which he refused to wear. I don't know why I even bothered.
Tacky Party Display Disclaimer: I wanted something to cover up the china cabinet, so I could hang the birthday banner. I saw online the cutest barn made out of a red plastic tablecloth & tape. How cute, cheap & easy? Perfect! I start making my barn about 6 AM Saturday morning. It was cheap, but certainly not easy & it certainly didn't turn out cute. The tape kept wrinkling the cheap plastic tablecloth. It was a mess. I got it somewhat presentable & hung it up. (Which by this point, Jake had gotten up and was insisting on "helping".) Once I hung it, I realized you could see completely through it and couldn't tell that it was supposed to be a barn. By this point, I had so much tape & tacks in our ceiling, I figured that it would be an even bigger mess to try to take it down. So, we were left with a transparent wod of plastic & tape.
Menu Cards
Photo Banner
This was Jake as we sang Happy Birthday
He did like blowing out the candles though!
Birthday Boy!
Dru & his mom
Addie & her parents
Jake's cousins Maddox & Marrell came up with Nana & Gran to the party
David
Addie
Jonathan
Connor (the party picked up after the cupcakes!)
After the cupcakes. A little excitement.
Addie finally has a girl at one of the parties to talk to. I think she was telling Marrell to stay away from all her boys.
2 cute little boys in overalls playing
Our dear sweet friends. Words cannot begin to explain how much this group of people means to us. They made living in Chattanooga such a wonderful experience and they are the reason that it is so hard to leave. Thank you for coming, and making our last party so special.
To my little munchkin who all of this was for. Happy 2nd Birthday Jake!!

3 comments:

mjs said...

all of this was darling! you did an awesome job, emma! happy birthday, jake!

Gary and Summer said...

happy belated birthday jake! you are loved by so many. have a great weekend!

Suzanne and Kevin said...

WOW... What a cute party, I am so impressed!