Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Good-bye 2010

My word for 2008 was Surprise. My word for 2009 was Happiness. My word for 2010 is Peace. 2010 was a peaceful year for us. It was our first year since we met, without a major event. When Robbie & I met in 2006 my company was for sale and the whole year was filled with lots of anxiety. 2007 was filled with selling my house, moving to a new city, looking for a new job, getting engaged & planning a wedding. 2008 had a wedding, pregnancy & birth all in the same year. 2009 was spent adjusting to everything that had happened the previous year. Combined with going back to work much sooner then planned and just dealing with all of the emotions of a new baby, motherhood, demanding job, etc... 2010 I finally felt like I could breath a little. I got a little more comfortable with juggling motherhood & working outside the home. Life is so full of emotions and such a roller coaster. I know that you have to cherish those times when life is a little slower. Of course we packed a lot of changes in right at the end of the year, and those are definitely carrying over already into 2011. So maybe God was giving us that year of no change, to prepare us for this year! 2010 was a great year that included so many happy occasions. In February, Jake welcomed a new friend Owen & in March, he welcomed new friend Jonathan. In April, Robbie & I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary in Savannah, GA. We enjoyed a vacation with my family in June in Seaside and then enjoyed a vacation with Robbie's family in August in Charleston. Also in August, sweet baby Beck graced us! In September, Robbie celebrated his 32nd birthday and I celebrated mine in December. Also, 2010 bought the year that Auburn avenged Alabama by having their own undefeated year, Heisman trophy winner & BCS championship. Congrats to my husband, his family & all of our Auburn friends. The only good that brought me (other than loved ones happiness), was getting to laugh back at all of the Auburn fans who made fun of all of the Alabama fans who showed up at Wal-mart to have their picture taken with the trophy. You have to love this state's love of their football teams!

I was looking back at last year's posts around this time seeing what I had written. I watched a video of one of Jake's 1st weeks of walking, that I haven't seen in forever. Now, I've never been one to mope about my child growing up. It has been such an adventure and I feel like every month is better than the last. But something about seeing that video made me miss that baby. His unsteady walk, white crazy hair & chubby little fat rolls. How did my baby change that much in a year? My eyes watered as I realized how much they change so quickly. Even though I know that this year will be crazy with lots of changes & adjustments, it is such a reminder to slow down and just enjoy those moments. I want to just close my eyes and hold onto them forever.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

No comments: