Monday, October 18, 2010

Updates

1) Computer: Our computer kicked the bucket & could not be revived (it was just 4 years old!), so we had to get a new one this week. So that blog update over the last 3 weeks is going to be a long one! I hope to get it updated this week.
2) Potty Training: Stinks. Literally. Jake did so good the 1st night with the potty. I should have known he was fooling us. He still loves to sit on the potty, he just doesn't like to pee or poop in it. We are not pushing him, as I feel like it is still too early. I'm just trying to get him accommodated with it. Tonight after dinner, I figured we would try it. Because I'm lazy, we've still got it in our den. (Which is probably why we haven't been too successful.) He sat on it for a while, but didn't ever pee. After a while, I figured he wasn't going to go, so he got up & started playing. Next thing I noticed he was standing in front of the TV peeing. (Thankfully just on the floor & not on any toys.) Of course by the time I scooped him up & put him on the potty, he was done. So I cleaned it up & I figured he had it all out of his system for a while. Well, go figure, a few minutes later we look up & Jake is squatting, pooping on the floor. (Again, thankfully, just on the hardwood floor, not on any toys.) I don't get it. He was just sitting on the potty & would not go. Robbie said at least he knew to squat. So we are pretty much 1 for 5 right now & are going through a lot of floor cleaner.

Prayer Request: Please please please keep our dear friends the Vaughan's in your prayers. Summer had a stroke on Friday & is in the ICU in Atlanta. Our thoughts, love & prayer goes out to Summer, Gary & their 2 precious little boys. Summer is an amazing & strong woman and we are just wishing her a speedy recovery & praying for God's miraculous hands to heal.

No comments: