Monday, October 11, 2010

No Pictures :(

I actually have quite a few pictures. A weekend ago, we were in New Orleans & then this past week we hung out around Chattanooga. Unfortunately, our laptop decided to die. I don't know what happened to it. Saturday I was working on some decorations for a shower for friend when Jake woke up from his nap. I got him up, played with him & then an hour later, went back to my project. The computer had shut off & will not turn back on. ARGH! Robbie is taking it by Best Buy to see if it can be saved. Fingers crossed!

So I'm having to use my work laptop, which means no pictures. But, I do have some funny Jake stories. (Well, funny to me.)

We were shopping over the weekend & I sneezed. I told Jake that when someone sneezed, you should say "Bless You". And since mommy had sneezed, he should say "Bless You Mommy". Jake thought that was hilarious. So I kept saying it. Then he started saying it. Over & over again. It was so sweet. He gets it backwards sometimes though & will say "Mommy Bless You". (He doesn't actually say it that clearly though, it sounds more like "Ma-me Bess You".) It melts my heart every time he says it. (Of course, just 30 minutes later we were in TJ Maxx & he was throwing a fit in the middle of the aisle. For no particular reason. I had not told him no or anything. He just decided to lay on the floor & whine. The joy of a toddler mood swing!)

Speaking of shopping, I cannot begin to express my disappointment in all of the toddler clothing designers. There must be a conspiracy. Not only do toddler boys start in the hole because there is 1 toddler boy rack to every 5 boys racks & every 10 girls racks. As I dig through my 1 measly rack, who are these people designing for?!?! A 10-year-old thug? My child is 2. He doesn't even know what a skateboard or crossbones are! And the color combinations are hideous.

But back to funny Jake stories. I've felt for a while that he was ready to start potty training, but honestly, I was waiting for the daycare people to start it. He'll wake up from his naps dry & he is fascinated by watching people use the restroom (uncomfortable I know!). He also loves to talk about the potty, pee-pee, etc... I was at Target & decided to pick Jake up a potty. When I got home, I just put it in floor in front of the TV, took off his diaper & let him play on the toilet. (Pretty sure that's not how they tell you to do it in any books.) Jake would laugh, get a toy, sit on the toilet & laugh some more. I stopped paying that closely of attention. Then I noticed he was playing in the bowl of the potty. I knew he had not peed, so I figured he was just playing. Then I heard splashing. He had peed! I didn't even realize it! I was so excited! (Then I was grossed out because he had been playing in his pee for who knows how long.) Maybe this was easier then I thought. Of course, then I put a diaper on him, and he completely soaked it a few minutes later. So maybe it is tough. We are in no hurry. I just figured I'd let him start getting used to the potty. (It might become a little more urgent though if Jake keeps growing. We are in the largest size of diapers & they are getting tight.)

I'm off now to go check on the little munchkin. I got a call at work that when Jake woke up from his nap, his eyes were closed shut with eye crust. (Gross!) They wanted me to take him to the doctor in case he had pink eye. (Okay, bad mommy moment. He actually woke up this morning with that crust. His eyes were not red though, so it didn't cross my mind that he might have pink-eye. I just scrapped the eye gunk off & off we went to expose everyone at school to it. Oops! And double oops that I did all of that, and never washed my hands afterwards. So I'm really hoping that my immune system is ready for a fight.) Robbie met me at the doctor & finished the appointment so I could go back to work. Sure enough, Jake has a mild case of pink-eye. Poor little guy. We've got some eye drops for it & he can return to daycare 24 hours later.

No comments: