Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

On Friday, we headed down to Prattville to see my family. Unfortunately, I think that the AL pollen gets to Jake more than the TN pollen. Poor little guy, all weekend he was wheezy, his eyes watered & he kept sneezing. That in return made him more clingy than normal, but he still had fun! It was such a great weekend!

The kids playing outside with bubbles. (Please note what Maddox & Jake are wearing. The kids just HAD to stick their feet in the pool for just a few minutes. Needless to say, that is impossible for them to do without getting soaked! (except Marrell!) Maddox had to change into play clothes & Jake free bird it.Playing outside trying to fit all 3 in an old stroller
Jake helping Gran push Maddox in the giant inflatable ball. (Dad told me that I don't dress Jake in play clothes that he can get dirty, so he had my mom pick up real play clothes.)
Back in the stroller. This time they lost Maddox, but gained Sadie (my brother's dog). Marrell playing in the sandbox with Lucy (my sister's dog)
With Gran (I could kick myself for not getting a photo of Jake with Nana!) They have strict instructions to take lots of pictures of him with them, when he goes to stay with them in 2 weeks.
Marrell hugging Jake
On Saturday afternoon, we headed to Birmingham to see the Bush's.
Playing at the park in Homewood. Testing out one of his new pair of shoes.
Playing in the rocking chair that was his daddy's when he was a little boy.
Our family
Quit taking pictures mom! I'm trying to take a phone call!!

My 1st Mother's Day (2009) My 2nd Mother's Day (2010)

Kisses for mama
For mother's day, Jake's teachers made each mom a book of pictures they took throughout the year.
All of the pages were great, but the 2 below are my favorite. The first one is the time Jake feel asleep sitting up!
I love in this one he is showing his belly button (or "but but" as he calls it)
Rob gave me this picture for mother's day. It is the date that I became a mom.
My sweet little baby's hand
I hope that everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. I truly believe that you do not have to give birth or adopt to be a mom. To me, a mom is a wonderful woman who has had a positive influence in your life & has help guide you to make wise decisions & who has been there as a great role model in your life. My life has been touched by so many women, who have filled that role. And Jake already has so many special women "moms" in his life. I pray that God will continually place sweet wise Christian women in his life to help guide & teach him.

I do have to say though, that mine & Robbie's moms are 2 amazing moms. We love them so much & owe them everything. Their prayers, sacrifices, love & support over the last 31 years for us could never be thanked in words. They are great Christian women who have been such a positive & powerful influence in our lives. And Jake is very lucky to have them as his Nana & Mimi. We love you so much!

And speaking of my own munchkin, what a special mother's day he made it. Becoming a mother changed my life in more ways than I could ever imagine. A mother's love for her child is unreal. I love my family, my husband, my friends. But the love for your child is such a different love & a love I had never experienced. I love my child so much it hurts. I want so bad to protect him from everything bad in this world. From hurt, from sadness, from pain. I know that is impossible, but as a mom, I can't help but feel it. It's constantly worrying about the decisions I make. Will it scar him that I work long office hours? Will he feel like I wasn't there enough? Am I missing out on too many of the little things during the day? It's terrifying, but it is only because I love him so much. But then I drive home to that sweet little face looking out the window waiting on me. That white crazy hair & those big blue eyes greet me with a hug as I walk in the door. And then he curls up in my lap as I rock him to sleep playing with my hair. With his face laying against my chest, I have peace. I have to remind myself that the worry, guilt & stress are just part of being a mom. But so are the hugs, I love yous, kisses & laughs. And what an amazing feeling that is.

Happy Mother's Day!!

No comments: