Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy 8th Month Birthday Jake!

Jake turned 8 months old today. A few updates:
  • Still not crawling. He gets in the position, and can slide backwards, but cannot crawl frontwards. Putting something in front of him doesn't encourage him, it only makes him mad he can't get to it. Then he just drops to his stomach, starts rolling & crying. Oh well, I figure there will be plenty of time for him to crawl. Might as well enjoy it while he is not too mobile. He does love to stand up though, so maybe he'll walk before crawling?!?! I hope not!
  • Still loves to eat. Last week we fixed him chicken/eggplant/potato. I don't know if I'm embarrassed or proud that he eats better than me?! He has started eating puffs too. He is so funny to watch. He can feed them to himself. It takes him forever to pick it up and get it from his hand to mouth. But he can do it & it is a great way to keep him entertained. He has 6 teeth (2 on bottom & 4 up top).
  • Still such a happy baby. He loves other kids and animals. His face just lights up. He loves for people to talk to him & give him attention. And he loves to snuggle in your lap. He is my little teddy bear.
  • New things: he is clapping now. Sometimes his hands miss each other which is funny, but he is doing it more regular now. He is also blabbering all the time. We just love to hear him "talk". On Friday, I picked him from daycare. He didn't see me when I first walked in because he was playing in the floor. Then he looked up & saw me, and then mouthed "ma-ma, ma-ma". I was pretty sure I saw it, but didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to be 'one of those moms'. But then his teacher said, oh my gosh, he just mouthed ma-ma! I was just glad that someone else saw it too!

Happy 8 months!

Clapping

If mom is too slow, I just grab the spoon & feed myself

On Friday we took Jake to his first high school football game. We went to see Robbie's old high school, McCallie play. On Saturday, we met up with my sister Lindsey & her husband Brooks. We shopped during the day & then stayed at their new house that night. We had so much fun!! Thanks guys for letting us hang out!

No comments: