Thursday, December 6, 2018

Football Season

Auburn v/s Washington
We kicked off the 2018 football season, by taking Jake to his first road game. Auburn was playing Washington in Atlanta. 
As we were walking to the stadium, we saw the football team loading the buses. Jake got on Rob's shoulders to try to see them better, but he was scared to sit up too tall. So he stayed hunched over Robbie's head.

We spent some time at the Fan Zone before the game


Inside the stadium




Auburn got the win


Auburn v/s Alabama State
We got into town Friday night and both kids were wiped out from the week of school

Game Day!


Our weekly tailgating kids crew



These people 💗
People always ask me how I can spend so much time in Auburn when I'm not an Auburn fan. And after 12 years of being in Auburn for almost every home football game, I can still say that I am not an Auburn football fan. But I sure do love the people in this picture. And I love our Auburn friends. And I love all the memories we've made through the years. So my answer is I don't go to Auburn to cheer for the football team. I go to Auburn for the people. And I love it with all my 💗. 

It's more fun when you walk to the stadium with friends

Hollon rode in her stroller....


....and then fell asleep

We have to check the stroller, so Rob had to carry her to our seats

And then she slept on Granddad for a while

But woke up once she heard snow cone


We left at halftime. As we were leaving, she had a meltdown for one of the tiger tails. Of course she wanted the longest one they had.

Auburn v/s LSU
When we got into Auburn Friday night, we let the kids get popsicles from the ice cream truck as a reward for having a good week at school. 
Which Hollon took approximately 3 bites and decided she didn't like it.
#moneywaster 


Hollon helping Granddad walk Bruiser that night

Hollon & Emily both in their cheerleader outfits

Jake & Rob went to the game and I stayed back at the RV with Hollon. She was practicing walking on the "balance beam".

Auburn v/s Arkansas
The Solomon's joined us this Saturday. So now they had more cheerleaders!




For this game, Hollon got to go to the game and I stayed back at the RV with Jake


Our friends seats just happened to be on our row, so Hollon sat with them a lot of the game

Auburn v/s Southern Miss
This was Auburn's homecoming. Since we would have spent the 4 weekends in a row at Auburn games, before the season started, we just assumed we wouldn't go to homecoming. That is always a smaller tailgate and we were just going to skip it. So I volunteered for an event for that Saturday at our old church. But then we found out that 3 families from our neighborhood (and all have kids Jake is good friends with) were going to the game. So we decided that we would go to homecoming. I would have felt horrible to back out of my commitment last minute, so I stayed back in Birmingham and for the first time, Rob ventured to Auburn with both kids by himself.  

Game Day! I enjoyed getting pictures of the kids throughout the day.


 The girls all buckled up

They stayed at the game until halftime and then headed back to the RV. Of course with snow cones in hand.


There was a huge downpour and everyone got soaked


My friend Tracy (Baker's mom) is the best at always getting pictures of the kids. I so appreciate her taking and sending me all these pictures!!
Jake, Baker, Emery & Hollon


Jake, Ella Grace, Baker & Hayden
All 4 kids are in the same grade at school, live in our neighborhood and go to our church





Rob and the kids came back to Birmingham that night. I would say both kids were a little tired.

Auburn v/s Tennessee
My parents watched the kids this weekend, so Rob & I could enjoy a kids free tailgate. We had several friends that came into town for the game. A lot of them went to Tennessee, so it was a fun tailgate that had almost as many Tennessee fans as it did Auburn fans.


The last time Tennessee played Auburn in Auburn was back in 2008. I was 6 months pregnant with Jake! A lot of them came down for that game that year too, so we recreated the same picture, just 10 years later!

Auburn v/s Texas A&M
Friday night, Mimi & Granddad took the kids over to a bonfire at the RV park

Last game day in Auburn for us for the year 
(we knew that we were not going to Auburn's last home game)



We all 4 went to the game








Again, we left at halftime. So far, that is as long as Hollon can make it (or as long as we can put up with her in the stadium). That's why for a lot of games, we sell 2 of our tickets, because it is just not worth it to take her to all of the games yet. But she'll get there!
I have no idea why she has a big sticker on her cheek?? 


By Saturday night, both kids are completely exhausted. I think there were still people at the tailgate and the lights in the RV were all on. They didn't care, they were out.

On Sunday's we get the RV and tailgate spot cleaned up and then Rob, the kids and I head back to Birmingham while Chuck and Judy park the RV at the storage place. This Sunday, Jake stayed back with them. So he got to pretend to drive the RV.

And that's a wrap on the football season. We watched the Auburn/Georgia game at our old house. It was the last game we'd watch in our old house. We were in the midst of moving during the Liberty game (which is why we were not in Auburn). And then we got to watch the Auburn/Alabama game at our new house! It was a crazy and busy but fun football season!


No comments: