Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Spring Break

Our spring break matched up with my brother's, so we all headed to the beach, along with my parents. It was cold, but that didn't stop us from having a blast!

Rob had several meetings that week, so he wasn't able to attend. But the kids & I headed down Sunday morning. I left super early so traffic wasn't bad and the kids only fought 2,476 times (which I counted as a success!).

Since it was cold, there was lots of playing in the sand



One night we went into Destin to eat and take the kids to the Disney outlet. Hollon was so excited that her dress kind of matched Marrell's. 
Hollon has never been to a Disney store (other than at Disney World). When we left, she said "Oh I just love Disney World!"

Both Marrell & Maddox were so, so sweet with Hollon. They played with her, included her and in return Hollon had all of the heart eyes for her big cousins.

Nana & Gran's oldest 3 + #6

The water was ICE COLD. No one would get in except Jake. He kept trying to convince us it felt fine after a few minutes.


Since the water was so cold and rough, this one played up in the sand most of the time.



They've grown a little since 2015...



Maddox & Marrell both do gymnastics, so of course Hollon was obsessed. She kept asking them to help her with "nastics". Marrell was trying to help her with a cartwheel here:

😂😂😂😂😂😂

And here they are doing splits:


Enjoying snacks beachside

They swam in the pool some, even though it was freezing too!

 We crab hunted at night

These 2 little girls sure do love their Gran

One day it was misting & cold. My brother's family went back to the outlets, but I really didn't want to take Jake & Hollon again. So my dad & us went to a little park nearby. My kids love, love, love a park!

Hollon's favorite is the swings

The playground was awesome for us, because an obstacle course ran alongside the edge. It was perfect for Jake! Gran would time him and Jake would try beating his previous time. He did, every time!





Gran is the best sport (yes that his him coming down the slide at the begging of the kids)

On our last night there, we took the kids for ice cream after dinner

My parents did the Lord's supper since it was a few days before Easter


And we decorated Easter eggs!



It was an amazing time with my family and I'm so thankful for the so many sweet memories made. Some of my favorite childhood memories are going to the beach with my cousins. I'm so glad that my kids are getting to experience those same special memories. And a huge thank you to Nana & Gran for letting us crash for the week and putting up with my crazy crew! We love you bunches!!!

Funny Hollon moment - We were not able to go to the beach any last year, so the last time Hollon was at my parent's condo, she had just turned 2. She didn't seem to remember any of it. She kept asking "who's house is this?". Bahahahaha! She also insisted it was a beach house, not a condo. 

No comments: