Saturday, December 30, 2017

My Birthday

Usually for my birthday, we take Friday off, go Christmas shopping, spend a day to ourselves Saturday and then go to a nice dinner Saturday night. Saturday started off like normal. We went to lunch and then planned on going shopping that afternoon before dinner. Right after we were seated for lunch, Robbie tells me that we will not go shopping afterwards. I'm completely confused, and then walk in my 2 best friends. 

What?!?!?!?!

Back several months ago, Robbie reached out to Stephanie & Amanda to see if they would travel up to Birmingham to surprise me for my birthday. The darn snow storm about ruined it, but by Saturday the roads were clear enough they could drive up from Fairhope, AL & Hattiesburg, MS. 

I usually hate surprises, but this was one of the best surprises I've ever gotten. I love these 2 girls so dearly. So for them to take time out of the busy holiday season, to get sitters for the weekend for their kids, for their husbands to give up a Saturday to make it happen, for my husband to plan it all. It just meant the world to me. I am blessed far more than what I deserve.
at lunch
We spent the afternoon hanging out


And then checked into our hotel (which was originally an old building downtown, that they have turned into a boutique hotel). Robbie had upgraded to a suite



He arranged for us to have dinner in a private room at an amazing restaurant

And then we hung out on the hotel rooftop afterwards

I truly feel so blessed. These girls mean the world to me. And the fact that Robbie went to so much trouble to arrange everything, I could just never express my gratefulness enough. 

39 was an awesome birthday.

No comments: