Thursday, November 16, 2017

Pumpkin Patch

The Sunday before Halloween, we headed to a pumpkin patch. I always see all these people posting these amazing pictures from pumpkin patch visits. In our 8 years of having kids, we've never visited a pumpkin patch. So we decided that this was our year. After church, we changed clothes and then headed out for lunch and a pumpkin patch visit. It had rained the day before, so it was still a little muddy in the pumpkin patch area. The kids did have a blast with all the activities, but getting an awesome pumpkin picture was a huge failure. (I don't know why I expected anything less?!?!)

They had a rope climb, which Jake deemed impossible to climb

Some tire swings



A few slides


Tire mountain

Race track


They had 3 tunnel slides - a slow one, a medium one & a high fast one. Hollon started with the slow one and liked it.

Jake came down the big one and thought it was awesome

Slow --- Medium --- Fast
So of course Hollon wanted to then go down the long fast one. She got scared at the top, so brother went down with her.


Deciding on their pumpkins




At this point, the battery in my large camera died, so the rest of the pictures are with my iPhone. I HATE taking pictures with my phone.

Hayride back with our pumpkins


While Rob went to put our pumpkins in the car, I attempted to take an amazing pumpkin patch photo. FAIL! I have approximately 500 pictures similar to the one below.

So I gave up. Jake spotted some hay bales for jumping


It was $10 to get in, and then there were some free activities (the ones posted above), but then several other ones that of course cost additional money. We told the kids they could each pick 1 thing that costs money. Most of them were for little kids, so Jake decided on purchasing cotton candy and Hollon choose the pony ride. They had what I thought was 2 ponies. As I was signing a waiver (which should have been a WARNING sign) and paid, Rob was getting Hollon setup on the "pony". By the time I get to the fence, I realize she is not on a pony, but a horse! No helmet, no parent standing beside her, no harness to keep the horse from running off. Just a guy walking the horse around with my 3-year-old holding on to the saddle. Hollon had a blast but that "pony" ride could not end fast enough for me.







After I regained consciousness, we checked out a few more things in the freeby section 
Jake tried putting this on his Christmas list
Our yard is the size of a matchbox, but Jake was certain that Rob needed this lawn mower

On our way out, I spotted some more pumpkins and we attempted a picture one more time. This is just going to be as good as it gets!

No comments: