Monday, April 6, 2015

Weeks in Review

First I was out of town for week, and then the next week Rob was out of town for work. I just knew the week after that, we'd get back on track. Wrong. Then last week was spring break. Surely we could be caught up that week. Wrong. I guess I will always run on a two week delay. So here's what we've been up to....

This little girl is crawling! It is half crawl, half wiggle & half dive. But she gets to where she needs to go. (Which is usually to a remote, cell phone or the random tiny piece that has fallen off one of brother's toys.)


I gave her a bath in the upstairs bathroom & was too lazy to lug her bathtub up. So I just sat her in the actual bathtub. She did great! Now we can get rid of that big bulky thing!



We've been working on Jake's handwriting at night and Hollon was just trying to help.


Jake is obsessed with globes and Hollon is obsessed with Jake. So they were entertained with this for almost 30 minutes. (Which is the equivalent of 2 hours in "mom time" when trying to get something done.)

Over that weekend, Robbie & I were at the beach for a wedding (more about that later), Jake was at the beach with my parents & his cousins & Hollon was in Birmingham with the Bush's. Then on Monday (Jake's spring break week), he went to the park/cabins in Eufaula with the Bush's and his cousins (more about that later). So Hollon was the only child at home for 5 days.

We tried on her Easter bonnet & bloomers.






The pearl necklace & bracelet were gifts from her favorite
girl cousins Maddox & Marrell




I tried on Hollon the dress I wore in my 6M pictures.

Here we are in the same dress at the same age

We attempted to take her 7 month pictures


Disclaimer: She can only pull up when she is sitting up in her crib. She can't go from a lying down position to sitting up position yet. Any time she is sitting up in her crib, I'm in there with her. Regardless, the video monitor has since been moved.

Disclaimer 2: Her mattress was lowered this weekend.
Basically when you have to give 2 disclaimers in 1 blog post, it is a pretty much given that you've never been up for the mom of the year award. 



While we were hanging out in her room, I decided to let her play with a tea set that her future husband (Jack Page) bought her when she was born.


He knows she loves all things personalized


A little etiquette work is needed




We ran some last minute Easter errands




And enjoyed some beautiful weather




There is a green light at the top of the baby monitor that Hollon looks at when she gets up from her nap. It always makes me laugh to see her mug in the video screen. It's like she is saying "Hey! I'm trapped in here! Come save me!".


It is exhausting just sitting there while your mom takes
the same picture 47 times in 3 different outfits



No comments: