Friday, February 21, 2014

Jake's 5th Birthday Party

Jake had his 5th birthday party at the local inflatable jump place. I have a love/hate relationship with outside venues for birthday parties. I love the ease, no setup, no clean up, someone else does all the work. But I hate that they loose that personal touch and all of the cute decorations. Since Jake is 5 now and cares a lot more about having fun than having 50 coordinating decor pieces, we knew he would have a lot more fun having his party somewhere other than our house. (Because his birthday is in the winter, we are limited in any "outdoor" activities we can plan, so basically the kids just sit inside looking at each other (and my very cute decorations that they care nothing about).) So we decided to have his party at Pump It Up.

They did such a great job! You have a private room just for your party to play in. There were tons of inflatables and plenty for all ages. Then we had a private room to have cake & presents in. And when I say they do all the work, they really did. The staff was great!

So now, on to the pictures....

The invite




















Group shot

Silly group shot

Goody bags

I mean, I had to thrown in a little decor


Every year, I have Jake's party guests sign a book that coordinates with his party theme. This year's book was If You Give a Pig a Party. It's one of Jake's favorite book, so I thought it was perfect! This was the first year that Jake's actual guests could sign their own names in the book. How cute!








It was a great birthday party spent with very special friends!

Happy 5th (+ 2 months) Birthday Jake!


No comments: