Monday, January 20, 2014

What we've been up to....

So I had grand intentions of updating the blog every Monday each week. And then life happened. Of the first 17 days of the year, Robbie was gone 12 of them. And then blogger decided that our personal computer's Internet was no longer compatible, so it wouldn't allow me to upload any pictures. So I'm just a little late getting this party started, but we'll catch up and get on track.

We had a very exciting New Year's which consisted of wearing loungewear, sitting on the sofa & watching TV. We watched the ball drop at midnight eastern time (which was 11:00 our time). We decided that was close enough to New Year's and called it a night. We spent New Year's Day just hanging out and then Robbie left that evening for Atlanta, so he could catch his flight out in the morning for California.

Almost all of our tailgate group was heading out to CA and almost all of them were staying in the same hotel. When they initially started planning the trip (the day after the SEC championship game), I was so over Auburn, you could not have paid me to go out to CA. I just had absolutely no interest what so ever in spending the money to go out to CA to cringe every time I saw a tiger tail hanging out of someones pants or hearing the weagle weagle song. And no, it wasn't because I was a bitter Alabama fan. I had just spent every Auburn home game in Auburn, along with an away game and the SEC championship game. I was just over it. Plus, I wanted Robbie to go & have a great experience and not be having to worry about taking me shopping or entertaining me. I wanted this to be a great trip for him where he could be as crazy and passionate as he wanted to be. Plus, going to CA isn't cheap. And if I'm going to spend that kind of money, it's going to be for something I'm super excited about. And Auburn in the national championship game just wasn't one of them. Of course, once Robbie gets out there, and I see all the pictures of them having a great time, eating fabulous dinners, having so much fun, I instantly wished I could be there. We have such a fun group of friends and I knew they were having a blast. But in the end, it all worked out that I didn't go, Robbie had a great time and everyone made it home safely. 

But blah blah blah, on to the pictures... 
Dinner at Blue Plate Oysterette in Santa Monica


In Manhattan Beach before Chad's birthday dinner

Brunch at Geoffrey's in Malibu
DAY OF THE BIG GAME!!


Crazy long story, but we ended up with 2 extra tickets to the game to sell. So Robbie ended up selling them to his cousins Eric and Chris. Robbie's sister bought tickets from a friend of ours and of course the Bush's were able to just purchase theirs through the school. So 6 members of the Bush family were there to represent!

The Bush Family
Chris, Chuck, Judy, Robbie, Andrea & Eric




So what were Jake & I up to the night of the game? I did put Jake on an Auburn shirt. He watched bits and pieces of the game with me. 

During the first half of the game, Jake was in & out of the living room and half watching the game. During halftime he watched a show in the bedroom and by the time the second half started, he was wrapped in a comforter laying on the floor starting to fall asleep. Since Auburn wasn't looking as hot in the second half, I actually got Jake to come lay on the floor in the living room, so see if that brought Auburn a little more luck.
 
It didn't

 Then, that night, a lovely bug hit us. It hit Jake first and he blew up our restroom. It was so disgusting, it made me sick. I get everything under control, get us in bed (yes, Jake sleeps with me when Robbie is away and it's more for my comfort than his) and then around 2 AM Jake wakes us up to vomiting. Again, disgusting. Horrible smell, a mess to clean up, which of course make me then sick again. I don't think I ever got the bug, it just made me sick every time Jake got sick. But we survived.

Robbie came home Thursday and we spent a very low key weekend, basically doing nothing. And then Robbie left again for CA on Tuesday, but this time on a business trip. 

So it was the Jake & Mommy show again for entertainment.

The balloon. For Jake's birthday, I hung up a bunch of balloons. After his little family party, I took them down. I popped all but 2, and left them in case he wanted to play with them. He has played with them every single day. So evidently, Santa should have just brought balloons and left the toys at home. I can't complain, because he probably gets it from me. I can remember growing up and my brother & I were very cool and would spend HOURS playing balloon. We'd toss them back & forth, make up games, get in fights about them. It was a good time and fond memories for me, so I haven't minded playing balloon games with Jake. And even if he has no one to play balloon with, he'll just play with it by himself. Again, why did Santa bring him any toys? 



Robbie got home Friday from his business trip. On Saturday, Jake went to Tanner's Star Wars Angry Birds birthday party. I knew when he wanted to hang the invitation up in his room that this was going to be a party that he was going to love. And Tanner is one of his favorite friends from school, so we were really excited about Tanner's birthday party.
Tanner's mom made light sabers out of cut up pool noodles
The boys had SO.MUCH.FUN



Playing a pop the angry bird balloon game


Knocking down the Star Wars Angry Birds




Sweet little friends from school


Enjoying the snacks & cupcakes afterwards
Sorry for the horrible quality & fuzziness of these pictures above & below. They all were taken on my iPhone. It is a mess for me to upload pictures from my iPhone to my work computer, so I just have to email the pictures to my Outlook and then save them. Because I had to send so many, I had to reduce the size, which meant when I increased the size on the blog, it made an already fuzzy picture fuzzier. But you get the jest of our weekend.

Since the Bush's had not seen Jake since Christmas, they watched Jake Saturday night so Robbie & I could go to a movie. Of course Jake had a wonderful time and Robbie & I enjoyed some time alone. Also this weekend, we signed Jake up for baseball. He & Robbie went to pick out a baseball, glove & bat. Jake does great with the little tykes baseball & bat, but it is definitely an adjustment using normal size equipment. He looks so cute out there playing though and seems to be having fun, so we'll see!




So there we are. All caught up.

Until I let it fall behind for another 3 weeks.


No comments: