Friday, December 21, 2012

Belated Birthday Weekend in Atlanta

Last weekend we were in Atlanta for my belated birthday weekend. (We used the weekend of my birthday to actually decorate our house for Christmas.) It was just Robbie & I (thank you Mimi & Granddad for watching Jake!), so we got some much needed alone time together. We had a wonderful time shopping, eating and just talking.

Unfortunately, the weekend started off with the horrible event that happened at Sandy Hook. We first started hearing about it late Friday morning. It wasn't until we got to the hotel late that afternoon that we found out the ages, the horrible way these children were killed and how many. I just sat there & cried. My heart breaks for them.

I wish I had something profound or biblical to write. But my mind just has such a hard time fathoming what happened. So I just pray. I pray for these parents, the students, first responders and community.

No comments: