Thursday, March 1, 2012

Hello / Good-bye February

I cannot believe that it has been over a month since I updated the blog & I didn't update it once during the month of February. February was actually a slower month for us. I do so much better multi-tasking when our schedule is full! It's like if I give myself a little time, I just get lazy & fall behind. Time to get back on track! Here is what all was going on February:
  • I had to go to a board meeting in Chattanooga for just the day. My friend Julie watched Jake for me. Julie has a little boy Jude who is 11 months younger than Jake. I swear they could be brothers. They both have straight blond hair. Jude is Jake's mini-me! Jake had a lot of fun playing with Jude & even cried when Robbie came to pick him up. I love it that Jake loves playing with the children of mine & Robbie's friends!
  • I had a FABULOUS girl's weekend in Point Clear. My 2 best friends from college & I all agreed to forgo birthday & Christmas gifts for each other & the kids and instead spend that money on a weekend get-a-way. Best idea!! We had a great time. We went to the Grand Hotel & Spa in Point Clear, AL. We got there on Friday and had such a great time catching up. It was so nice to go to dinner & not be interrupted every 5 minutes or have to cut up someones food. On Saturday we had a delicious brunch, massages at the spa. We shopped in downtown Fairhope, got manicures/pedicures and then had dinner reservations at an amazing restaurant. It was wonderful to not be on a schedule around naps or appointments. We just did as we pleased. We talked, laughed, relaxed, reminisced, and just had an all around great time. I highly suggest that all women take time out to do this with your girlfriends. As wives/moms we get so consumed with our spouses, children, responsibilities, etc... we forget to take time out for ourselves and for friendships. We were having so much fun in fact, we completely forgot to even take 1 picture. 
  • I've had to go to Chattanooga a few times this month. On one of my trips back, my car broke down about 40 miles outside Chattanooga. Boo! All kinds of random functions starting going out as I was driving down the interstate. Even my speedometer! The car was still running though, so I just kept going & just prayed I was going somewhere around the speed limit. It evidently did brake down, but the sweet men at the AL Welcome Center north of Fort Payne jumped me off. That got the car back going, so I kept heading south towards Birmingham. Somehow, God was looking out for us & the car managed to make it back down to Birmingham (after a few more jumps along the way). (That would have been one expensive towing fee!) One alternator later (and much thinner wallets for us) the Envoy is back ready to go!
  • We have worked on the house. We finally ordered a sofa for the living room & a table for the dining room. We have got to make some progress. I'm tired of every delivery person asking if we just moved in. I just feel so overwhelmed. This house is a different style than what I've had before and is larger than what I'm used to decorating. I feel so overwhelmed I don't know where to start, so I just do nothing. I am having commitment problems with anything being hung on the walls, painting furniture, etc... I know I need to just look at it as a work in progress, but I can't. Once I start, I want to complete it all at once & then be done. And then never change it.
  • We took Jake to his first college basketball game in Auburn. We met our friends Gary & Summer (with their kids Henry (4) & Owen (2)), Brett & Tricia (with their kids Cole (5) & John Gregory (6 mths)) and Doug & Katherine (Alex (2.5) & soon-to-be in July FINALLY a girl for our group!!) for the game. A nice big group! The boys all liked the game (except John Gregory when everyone would cheer) and we managed to make it through only accidentally kicking the people in front of us a thousand times. After the game, we all went over to Summer & Gary's new house for dinner & to hang out. Jake had so much fun playing with the boys. I love getting to see our Auburn friends outside of football season! 

No comments: