Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy 100th Birthday Grandmother Maddox

Today is my grandmother's (my mom's mom) 100th birthday. Happy Birthday Grandmother Maddox! To celebrate this amazing woman, on Saturday my cousins through an awesome party for her in which over 80 of her children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren & great great grandchildren attended. Now, I must admit, none of the pictures shown here are mine. I had my camera, but was not able to take any pictures because my child's 3rd personality was on display. (Yes, he has 3 personalities. Personality 1 - Friendly Jake. This Jake is sweet & friendly. Personality 2 - Shy Jake. This Jake is very shy & will barely look at anyone. Personality 3 - Crazy Jake. This Jake runs around like a chicken with its head cut off.) But enough about my crazy kid, we were all there to celebrate my remarkable grandmother. Thank you to my sister Lindsey, cousin Diana & her daughter Melissa, whose pictures I all swiped off of their blog or facebook.

Now if you think that I love to make things, you have never met my cousin Pam. She has a whole room that is floor to ceiling craft supplies. It puts Hobby Lobby to shame. She is so creative and made all of the decorations for the party. The party was also hosted at her beautiful house.
The invite The entrance
Birthday Cake!
Food table
The ballroom
Table Display
Such a beautiful woman
The Birthday Girl
Our family (minus the spouses)
My nieces with my mom & her mom! My niece Maddox (on the left) is named after the Maddox family
The hosts! Julie (Sherri's daughter), my cousin Sherri, our Grandmother, my cousin Pam & their mom my Aunt Myra
The Maddox kids with their mom (minus my Aunt Emma who is smiling down from heaven). From left to right: Aunt Sue, Aunt Kate, Grandmother, my mom, Aunt Myra, my mom's twin brother Uncle Mike & Aunt Becky
Jake hanging out in the arcade
Pam's husband Mike played football at Alabama
The snack counter
Jake's 2nd favorite room, after the arcade, was the theater
Even Robbie fell in love [with the room, not the decor:( ]
Happy Birthday to such a remarkable woman!

No comments: