Monday, December 20, 2010

4 Days Until Christmas

Working full time + Managing a 2-year-old by myself + Christmas Eve Birthday Child + Getting Ready for Christmas + Putting Our House on the Market + Having to Layoff Staff at Work 1 Week Before Christmas = Very Tough Week BUT.... + Mom Coming to Stay = SAVING GRACE.
I am on week 3 of holding down the fort during the week while Robbie is in Birmingham. How on Earth single mom's & military wives do it, I'll never know. I have so much admiration for them. They do it for the long haul, not just for a few measly weeks. It is draining & exhausting. But it hasn't been quite as bad as I was scared of. I was extremely grateful though when my mom offered to come up for a few days to help out. She took/picked up Jake from daycare, let the maid in, Realtor in, etc... She also watched Jake one night so I could get in a girls dinner night. I loved & appreciated her company, her support & her help. And Jake had an absolute ball with his Nana. Thank you so much Nana!!

Before a week ago, we didn't have a single gift for Christmas bought. I told Robbie he had to watch Jake while I Christmas shopped. I only had 1 day, so it was all or nothing. At the end of the day, anyone who I didn't have a gift for, got a gift card. It was actually very productive. I highly recommend it! Because I bought all of the gifts in 1 day, I finished at Hobby Lobby to make sure I had enough boxes, bags, paper, etc... Therefore, I was able to wrap everything that night. Here is everything so nicely packaged & wrapped.

And here they are displayed under our beautiful Christmas tree, otherwise known as the guest bedroom closet. Jake has started wearing his sippy cup rubber bands as wrist bands. Silly kid. Since Jake's actual birthday is Christmas Eve, I decided to do his class party the week before on Wednesday. It was a Hungry Caterpillar party. The goody bags....

The loot...

Today's my class birthday party!
Playing with his pal Phillip



Jake had been dying for a cupcake since we picked them up from Publix. He asked me if he could have one 1,000 times that night & the next morning. We finally get to his party & he wouldn't eat any of it. I finally convinced him to at least stick his finer in the icing. This is what I got.
On Saturday we went over to Robbie's sister's house to exchange gifts with them since we wouldn't see them on Christmas Day.
Jake & Jackson
Jake opening his gift

He got several very fun things....
... including a scooter!
His balance is okay, but he has no idea how it works. He just likes to stand on it & have someone push him around. He calls it his bike.
Saturday night we went over to Zach & Kimberly's for one last get together before Christmas. Here is Jake & his girlfriend Addie.
mommy & jake
Connor & Jake chasing the poor cat
No wonder it hid
Me, Kimberly & Margaret with our children Jake, Addie & Connor
Not sure who Jake learned those kissing skills from
We left the kids alone for a second & knew they were way too quite. They had gotten into Jake's backpack & were turning the TV on & off (well, that was really just my child).

Christmas Card 2010
Picture with Santa 2010. Oh the things I love about this picture. Which do I love more? Jake sticking his teeth out like he has buck teeth, the muffin top coming out of pants because his shirt is pulled up or the fact he looks like he is wearing high water pants. This was Round 2 with Santa that morning. Round 1 was spent in tears. Honestly, I really liked that picture better. I love pictures with Santa with the kid screaming. They are hilarious. We were there super early so we watched a few kids sit in Santa's lap & I guess Jake built up his courage. So we tried again & this is what we got. Goofy but lovable.

3 comments:

mjs said...

Emma, you are so super talented! I love Jake's bday loot! And your commentary on Jake's Santa picture made me crack up!

Lindsey said...

Hahaha! Oh how I miss you guys! I cannot believe that baby Jake is almost two! I still remember that Christmas Eve two years ago.

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

All of your shopping in one day is impressive! I did everything on Amazon this year, you really cannot beat 2 day shipping.