Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Football Season 2010 - Week 3

I actually had the whole week to myself! Robbie was gone on a golf trip. With my work schedule, it would be almost impossible for me to pick Jake up everyday from daycare, plus I was supposed to fly out-of-town for a business meeting. So we decided that it would be a good week for Jake to spend at Nana & Gran's. I was really disappointed that I was not able to get to spend a week of just Jake & me. I'm sure that it would have been stressful, but I think that it would have been a lot of fun. Plus it would be some great one-on-one time. That's one of the hardest parts about working outside the home. It is a horrible feeling of being torn. It doesn't help matters that I was recently promoted, so now I even feel more guilty. But it is something that Robbie & I pray about daily. And I feel at peace that for right now, this is God's plan. (Believe me, I've tried to convince him of otherwise!) I sure did miss my little munchkin waiting for me to get home, but it made me happy to think about how much fun he was having on the farm! So what all did Jake do, while at Nana & Gran's?

He rode the trail wagon Played on the trampoline with his cousin Marrell (My mom has always kept my brother's kids while Billy & Leigh Ann are at work. Jake had fun with Marrell at Nana's Daycare!)
Colored

a lot
Played in the water
Showed off their fancy shirts Nana got them (Marrell's had pretend lace & Jake's had a pretend tie [covered up by his sippy cup])
Ate snacks
Marrell was scared Jake had a weight problem since he is so much bigger than her. So she put herself in control of his snacks. She would only give him one at a time.
Robbie got back from his golf trip on Thursday, so he spent Thursday with Jake at my parent's & then headed over to Auburn on Friday. I took a half day on Friday & drove down to my parent's. Boy was I soooooooo excited to see Jake! I then drove over to Auburn Saturday morning for the game. It was our weekend to help host the tailgate & it was a blast!
The yummy low country boil
Yea! Sweet Madeline & her parents were at the tailgate. Here she is with Summer & Tricia.
Henry making sure no one crossed the caution tape
Regular men tailgaters
On Sunday, I drove back over to Prattville, to pick up Jake. My dad has an amazing muscadine vineyard. He has tons of variety & everything is organic. I've been wanting to take some pictures of the grand kids in the vineyard with my parents. What better time to do that then after church during their nap time. That makes for cooperative kids, right?

Marrell was my only one cooperating
Maddox
Maddox insisted that I take her picture with her little puppy
Marrell
Jake would have nothing to do with any of it
All he wanted to do is ride the trail wagon
Marrell trying to guide Jake
Maddox is such a sweet big cousin
They finally said ENOUGH!
Gran & his grandbabies (Marrell had just popped a muscadine in her mouth)
Thank you Nana & Gran SO MUCH for watching Jake. He had such a wonderful time!
What my dad was picking in all of those pictures.... my own muscadines!

No comments: