Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Football Season 2010 - Week 1

So this past weekend kicked off football season. YEA! I don't mind actually watching football (college, not pros!), but I really just love all of the fun that goes with college football. Everyone gets together, you get to eat good food, hang out with great friends & talk lots of smack. What's not to love? This season will definitely be our most interesting yet! Last year Jake was only 8 months old. He was not very mobile & would basically just sit in any one's lap that would hold him. This year he is 20 months old & running around everywhere. More challenging, but a lot more fun!

Jake - last year
Jake - this year
Helping daddy set up
Trying to keep him out of the way!
Jackson (Robbie's nephew) ended up wearing the same shirt as Chad. Twins!
Blowing the shakers in the fan
Jake sitting in Mr. Chad's lap watching football
Jackson!
Mimi & Jake tailgating
Jake enjoying some tailgating fruit
Funny boys!
Aunt Andrea feeding Jake a cupcake
Judy holding the newest tailgate member, Owen
How precious is Owen?!?!
Daddy & Jake
Owen's big brother Henry & his friend Diana
Henry & his dad doing double duty... driving the RV & taming the tiger
Our attempt to take a picture of all of the kids. Being the 1st tailgate of the season, we were missing a few, but boy aren't they cute?!?! (Alex - 1 year, Owen - 6 months, Jake - 20 months, Henry - 2.5 years & Jackson - 8 years)
The Bush's
Our family
Jake & Henry playing with Bruiser
Jake giving Bruiser a hug
Jake & Henry with their dads walking to the game
Jake - last year at the game
Jake - this year at the game
Jake & Granddad
Jake taking it all in
Granddad, Jake & Mimi

On Sunday, we stopped in Birmingham so that I could see my best friend, Amanda & her family. Both of our in-laws live in Birmingham, so any time we can both plan a trip there at the same time, it is awesome! I didn't take too many pictures, because I was too busy watching Jake have so much fun with all of Sellers & Gabe's toys! Sellers was so sweet. He drove Jake around. I didn't get any picture of Gabe:(
I got to meet their newest family member. Sweet baby Beck. Such a beautiful precious little boy!
Jake loved the car. I'm pretty sure he put it on his Christmas list!
Before we left Birmingham on Monday, Granddad gave Jake some golf lessons.
Our little Phil
And when you are done playing golf, you can use your golf club to sweep the patio.

Football Season Disclaimers:

1) I do not mind going to all of Auburn's home games. I knew when Robbie & I were dating that this is something that he loves to do & has done his whole life. I'm just so glad that he loves something that I enjoy as well (football, not Auburn!) and we get to do it together. It does make it more hectic, now that we have more stressful jobs & a little munchkin, but we make such great memories, it is worth it! I feel very lucky that the Bush's are generous enough to share the RV with us. It definitely makes it nice that we don't have to sit in game day traffic, we can tailgate having our own private kitchen & bath & Jake has a cool/warm place to hang out or take naps. I do feel bad for Robbie & his dad, because they do all of the work with the RV, but I try to be a good co-captin! But the best thing about Auburn is our friends there. They are such wonderful friends! Robbie & them have been friends & tailgating together since they were all in school at Auburn. They have been so sweet to welcome me to the group and I love seeing how each season the group expands because we add new little ones!

2) Jake will not be attending all of the games with us. He is fun, but also a lot of work! So for many of the games, he will be dropped off at my parent's for the weekend. We will bring him to a few. We took him in for the 1st game. He did okay, but since it was a long day & it was a 6:00 PM (7:00 our time) game, we knew he wouldn't last long. He made it almost to halftime (Jake & I spent the 2nd quarter walking through the tunnels). I do have to thank the Bush's though for their great seats that they share with us! We are on the the first row right out of the tunnel. So we don't have anyone sitting in front of us & we don't have to climb any stairs (I CANNOT imagine carrying our little 35-lb weight up a ton of stairs!). We are also on the end, so we don't have to climb over anyone. They are VERY kid friendly seats!

3) I am STILL NOT AN AUBURN FAN! I love the city of Auburn, I love our friends in Auburn, I think that they have a great school & beautiful campus. But I do not like them & I will never cheer them on! I can't. I was raised my whole life watching & hearing about Alabama football. Both of my parents went to Alabama so we grew up touring their campus and hearing about their love for the school. I had planned on going to Alabama for college. I was accepted & ready to go. At the last minute though (for reasons that at the time were completely stupid, but I'm so glad they happened) I changed to Troy. So while I love Alabama, because of my family, I am a Troy fan. But I will never cheer for Auburn! (Don't worry, Robbie feels the same about Alabama. He cheered for Texas during the championship game. I could have killed him!) Thankfully we can both agree on Troy, so that is the one team that we can both cheer on together!

4) I do not know what school Jake will pull for. Robbie, his parents & his grandfather all went to Auburn. My sister, my parents & grandmother all went to Alabama. My brother & I went to Troy. We just want him to go somewhere he can get a scholarship! Some people raise their kids in multilingual environments. We are raising our son in a multi-school environment! He'll probably grow up to be a TN Vol!

Happy kickoff to the 2010 Football Season! Have a great time pulling for your team!!

No comments: