Monday, February 8, 2010

Over the Weekend

Happy Superbowl weekend! Superbowl weekend will always be special to Robbie & me because that was the weekend we met. It was a random chance meeting, and it changed my life forever. 4 years later, I've moved, we're married & we have a 1 year old munchkin. Speaking of the munchkin, he's got some new mad dance skills. His favorite song to jam out to is "Take Me Out to the Ballgame".



Super Bowl 2010

What a difference a year makes! This was Super Bowl 2009.
Happy Birthday Gran (my dad)! I love you!! Love your little buddy, Jake
Gran's birthday wishes from 2009
The blue cow just got out of the bath (Thank you Aunt Lindsey for the super fun towel!)

Great job Mimi! Mimi (Robbie's mom) has taken up smocking. This is the first outfit that she made for Jake. She did such a great job!!

HELP! One of my goals for 2010 is to learn to use different birthday gifts I've received. If anyone has any tips or good tutorial suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

  • Camera. For my 31st birthday, I asked for a new camera. I should have known I was in trouble when I asked for it, I didn't even know what to call it. I asked for 'a big camera that you wear around your neck'. Robbie did buy it for me, but he has ended up using it more than me! I've always loved taking pictures, but I want to truly understand & know how to use a camera. I really want to learn to use all of the features and not just keep it on auto.

  • Sewing Machine. For my 29th birthday, I asked for a sewing machine. I have never taken it out of the box. In my defense, I received the sewing machine in December, but was getting married in April. I was super busy planning the wedding, so I figured that I would just learn to use it after the wedding. Well, 2 months after our wedding, I found out we were pregnant, so more & more stuff has just been piled on top of that box. But I really want to learn to use it. I just feel so overwhelmed by it. The only part of the machine that I know the name of is the needle & thread & I don't even think that those are parts of the actual machine! I have never used a sewing machine in my life. But I've been fascinated with the concept of sewing, I've just never taken the time to actually sit down & learn how to do it.

And I end this post with the blow of a kiss.


No comments: