Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hopefully everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day. We had fun just hanging out. It is our 3rd weekend in a row here in Chattanooga. I think that Jake is getting tired of us. He was going through a phase where he would scream when I would drop him off for daycare. This morning, he hopped out of my arms. When I went to kiss him good-bye, he pushed me away. The little booger! He is very hot or cold. One second he is clingy, and the next he is too cool. Kids!

On Friday, his school had their class party.

Ready to eat some yummy snacks (excuse the goofy tiny bibs, they are provided by the daycare)
It took him a while, but Jake found the cupcake
Yummy
One of his new favorite things to do... pretend write with a pen. Thankfully he hasn't yet figured out that you can make a bigger mess when you actually take the top off the pen. Hopefully this way will entertain him for as long as possible!
On Valentine's Day, before church
Okay, disclaimer on the outfit. I admit that I put the undershirt (with the big collar) on Jake right before we left for church. I knew that it wouldn't give Robbie long enough to protest for me to change it. I was feeling pretty smug with my victory, until we were out to eat for lunch afterwards. Jake was twice mistaken for a girl! Now Jake has been called a lot of things (chubby, crazy hair, cookie monster) but never mistaken for a girl. I couldn't believe it! The elderly couple, I forgave, because I figured they just didn't have their glasses on. But the young girl holding the door?!? She said what a cute little girl. I snapped at her that HE was a boy. So I guess my collared shirt gets put up. What is frustrating, is what IS a one-year-old boy supposed to wear? If I had my way, he would wear something smocked or monogrammed everyday. But 1) I can't afford it! & 2) his father would kill me. I can't help it though, I don't want him dressing like a 10-year-old boy either. I just can't bear to put my one-year-old in skulls or camo. It doesn't help that the stores have 5 girl racks for every 1 boy rack. (I don't blame them, girl's clothing is much cuter!) All well, at least we have Polo we can agree on!

Notice Jake's hair? It is FINALLY sitting down. (But only if you have just washed it. Once he takes a nap, it is back to crazy sticking up.) I guess since Kate Gosselin got a new hair do & decided to stop spiking her hair, Jake decided he would change too.
Eating a snack after school
Love those fat chubby legs! He likes to stand on his tippy toes when reaching for something.

Things Jake is obsessed with:
  • Pens
  • Closing doors (he has to clap afterwards every time)
  • Dancing
  • Playing peek-a-boo
  • Mommy making his bath toys dance along the edge of the tub
  • Blowing kisses & waving good-bye
  • Saying da-da. 1,000 times in a row.
  • Pushing the button to close the garage door. If you forget, and don't let him do it, he throws a fit
  • Banging on ANYthing
  • Brushing his hair. Usually it is with the handle of the brush, but he loves it. If he sees a brush, he has to grab it "brush" his hair.

    Paci Update: We are now 1 month paci free. It has been hard, but has gotten better each week. It just stinks because he never used to cry when being put to bed, and now he screams his head off. The last few nights have been cry free, so we are getting there.

No comments: