Monday, December 14, 2009

Mid-December

I realized that the last time I updated the blog was Thanksgiving, and it is already mid-December! Where did the first half of December go and why on earth is my to-do list still so long?!? We finally did at least get a Christmas tree last week and got it decorated. Jake has been so good around it. He has not touched it or ran into it once (of course he will probably do so tomorrow since I'm bragging on him!). He does love to stare at it though. Now I just need to go Christmas shopping so I can put some gifts under it! We did at least finally get his Christmas card photos taken. It only took 3 tries, a few broken ornaments, tears, bribery with food & me acting like a complete idiot. Of course I had this perfect picture & pose in my mind. But for some reason, Jake did not want to cooperate even though it was past his bedtime & I was making him sit naked in a box with a bow on his head. All well, we did get a few decent shots, so I put my favorite 2 on the card. Below are a few of the 150 that just didn't make the cut. (Yes, I made Robbie take almost 150 photos trying to get the perfect shot. I've finally realized that it is impossible for a 1 year old to take a perfect shot.) I ordered the cards late last night, so hopefully people will receive by New Year's?!?!

Naked, in a box, with a bow stuck to my stomach.... thanks mom

Now the stupid bow stuck on top of my head. Are we too poor to buy me some clothes?

Really mom?!?!
This is humiliating
It's not over? Now I have to wear a Santa suit?

Bribed with puffs
Stuffing my face

Eating an ornament
Bad Parenting Math: Kid that loves to clap + 2 ornaments = broken ornaments on the floor
Being Santa wears you out
Ready to call it a night
What else has been going on? On Monday (12/7) I celebrated my 31st birthday. The weekend before that we went to Atlanta. We shopped on Friday and then my sister Lindsey & her husband Brooks kept Jake Saturday & Saturday night, so Robbie & I could have some time to ourselves. Robbie & I had a great time hanging out, watching the SEC Championship Game (well, I had more fun during that than Robbie), a very nice dinner out & then a great room at the Crowne Plaza. While we were out enjoying some alone time, Lindsey & Brooks took Jake to Macy's The Pink Pig. (I'm still not sure what it is, but it is some kind of ride.) Evidently there was a 2 hour wait. Lindsey said that Jake did really good though. He did get a little scared on the ride, but she said that he didn't cry. Such a big boy trying to show off in front of Aunt Lindsey & Uncle Brooks. Jake had such a fun time with them & loves them so much!! Here are Lindsey's pictures below.
Not sure if he is ready for this
Having fun waiting in line with Aunt Lindsey
Finally their turn! Getting buckled up.
Interested, but a little scared
Afterwards with Priscella the Pink Pig
Different weekend, but recently I did get to catch up with some great friends from college. We were all in the same sorority. So great to see them & hang out!!
Jake Updates: We are getting ready for his big 1st birthday! We will have a small family party at my parent's house on his actual birthday (Christmas Eve Day). We will then have his Chattanooga party later in January. I will say that it is more of a challenge than I thought trying to plan Christmas, 2 birthday parties & send out Christmas cards and 2 sets of invitations all in 1 month. But, I figure that it couldn't get any crazier than the night he was born!
*****
Jake is getting closer to walking on his own. He is overly confident pushing his walker. If he is standing alone by himself though, he looks like a deer in headlights. He has taken a few baby steps though. It is so funny to watch him! He is getting more confident each day.
*****
We have started giving him whole milk some. He is drinking that now at school. (Huge cost saver & 2 less bottles I have to wash. Yea!) We are also feeding him what we eat for dinner. He loves eating while we are eating, even though it is a little bit more messy.
*****
His back teeth are coming in. 2 have already popped up and you can see where the others are tyring to. That brings his total so far up to 10 teeth & 100 gallons of snot. (Combo of winter time & teething means the money we save on formula, we spend on tissues! How can a child's nose run so constantly?!?!)
*****
He has figured out that you say "uh-oh" when you drop something. (Before, he was just randomly saying it while walking around.) He now loves to constantly drop things and say "uh-oh". It was cute the first 20 times. Now I'm just tired of him dropping everything on the floor!
*****
Well, I think that gets us caught up for now. We are taking him to see Santa on Wednesday, so it should be interesting to see how he does! Hope you are having a great holiday so far!

No comments: