Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Santa Picture & Christmas Card

Our visit to Santa. We went one Sunday after church. Who else goes to see Santa at 12:00 on a Sunday? Evidently enough people to make the line a one hour wait. We took turns one of us waiting in line with Jake while the other let Hollon walk around the mall. She was in a great mood. It's finally our turn to meet Santa. We put her in his lap, she looks at him, we backed away and then the floodgates opened. She screamed. I've always wanted a baby crying in Santa's lap photo. Jake was such an easygoing kid, I never got it with him. But I felt confident that drama queen would give me the reaction I was looking for, and she did not fail. 

My 6 previous attempts at a crying baby with Santa photo:

Our Christmas card. Note to self: hire a professional photographer next year. I'm not one of those people, that feel like they have to have professional photos of their kids every quarter. We've got a nice camera (that I don't know how to use), decent photo editing software (that I don't know how to use), and I take about five thousand photos of the kids throughout the year. Out of those 5,000, 100 are decent and that's okay with me. That's enough for me. It's not like I print any of them anyway. But our Christmas card, which is being printed on nice cardstock and mailed out to a large group of people, I should have invested the time and money and had someone who knows what they are doing take the photo. The lighting is bad, there are shadows on the kids faces, the photo looks dark. But this was our 2nd attempt already, Hollon was extremely uncooperative and Jake kept giving the goofiest smiles. So this one was the best out of all of them and I wasn't about to try for a 3rd time.  

No comments: