Monday, May 5, 2014

Enjoying Spring

The weather here has been so beautiful! I absolutely adore spring. It is my favorite season. I'm trying to spend as much time outside enjoying it with Jake as possible. This summer I will be much-o pregnant, burning hot, swollen larger than a beached whale. So I'm not sure how much outdoor time we'll have just the two of us. So I plan on packing as much in as possible this spring!

We've been pretty consumed by baseball. Jake usually has practice 1 day a week and then games 2 days a week. He is still loving it, which makes it so much more enjoyable. Robbie likes being an assistant coach and doesn't mind that he is coaching 10 five- & six- year old boys, that have an attention span of about 20 seconds. Even I, who never played sports, has enjoyed the season. I love watching the kids and how they've improved over the season. All of the parents seem to get along which makes it nice. Our first baseball experience has definitely been positive so far, and we are more than halfway through the season. 

So on to the few pictures that I've snapped with my iPhone....   
Ice cream treat after school

Just a little rocket shooting

And bike riding. Jake has been begging for us to take off the training wheels,
but he still can't balance on 2 wheels. So we are practicing. 

Jake got some sidewalk paint in a belated birthday gift

So Jake paints the driveway with this sidewalk paint. I go to wash it off with the water hose, and it doesn't come up. I immediately panic, because of course I didn't test in a small spot before I let Jake go to town painting all over our driveway. Thankfully it rained super hard the next 3 days and the paint finally came up. The sidewalk paint is a very cute idea, and Jake loved it. It just doesn't come up as easily as sidewalk chalk does!   

Sweet boy! Sunday afternoon, we went out to run errands and made a stop by Lowe's to pick up some wood. Jake fell asleep on the way home. When we got to house & opened his door, we noticed that he had fallen asleep wearing his baseball glove. 

Please also excuse Jake's shirts in the last 2 pictures. I promise he is not wearing crop tops. These are just Jake's 2 favorite play shirts and they are probably a size 3T and wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too small. I'm trying to be better about letting Jake dress himself (when we are just home & playing, let's not get crazy!), so when I give him the option, he always finds these 2 shirts and insists on wearing them. Belly showing & all.  

No comments: