Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Weekend in review

Slowly but surely getting the blog caught up. Fall is always crazy on the weekends, but throw in either Robbie or I traveling at least once a week and I just keep falling behind. This past weekend was just the 2nd weekend all fall that both Robbie and I were at home. We took full advantage of it! On Saturday, we grilled out, sat out back and watched football all day.




I love this little boy so much
Jake has been dying to climb a tree. We've got a tiny tree in the front of our house and one in the back. Their branches are basically twigs, so we had to break it to Jake that he couldn't climb those trees. Then he walked out back trying to find one. There are a few trees, but they are not climbing trees and are surrounded by bushes and sticker bushes. We've promised him that when he goes to Nana & Gran's house in a few weekends, that they have TONS of trees to climb. My favorite tree to climb as a little girl is still there in their front yard, so I can't wait for him to finally get to climb his tree. It's funny, growing up in the country, we climbed trees all the time. It was an everyday thing for me growing up. Jake has always lived in a developed neighborhood with basically no trees. I forget that he's never climbed one. He is so very excited to do so!
Wearing his Batman mask & cape trying to find a tree to climb

We later figured out that one of the reasons he is dying to climb a tree is because he thinks he can fly from it like Batman flies. Now, Jake is a bit of a scaredy cat, so I can't imagine him actually jumping out of a tree, but just in case, mom & dad - when he is at your house, you might want to keep a hand on him as he "climbs" the tree. I won't be surprised if he comes home with a broken bone!

No comments: