Sunday, September 9, 2012

Grandmother Maddox

Susie Byrd Maddox
February 15, 1911 - September 2, 2012
 
Saturday, during Labor Day weekend, my Grandmother Maddox (my mom's mom) passed away and her funeral was on Tuesday. It truly was a celebration of life. My grandmother was 101 years old. She had an amazing and fulfilled life. She graduated from Troy State University, got her masters from the University of Alabama and taught school for 39 years. She had 7 children, 21 grandchildren, 31 great-grandchildren & 10 great-great grandchildren. She served actively in her church and was a woman of God. We knew her time on Earth was coming to an end, so we were prepared. She went peacefully, with family by her side. She is now rejoicing in Heaven, reunited with my grandfather, her daughter (my Aunt Emma) and I know that we will see her again. Until then, we remember and cherish the wonderful memories.
 
Grandmother Maddox & me

At her 100th birthday party
 
Philippians 3:20-21 But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself.

No comments: