Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer Time

Usually, summertime kind of depresses me. Everyone is talking about being out for summer, schedules slowing down and relaxing. The line of business I'm in, there just really isn't ever a "down" time.  Our business is consistent 365 days a year. In fact, summer is busier for me because the largest audit I'm in charge of happens in July and it always seems like we have a conversion happening. But I have refused to be a Debby Downer this summer. I will enjoy the summer months. I will close my laptop & spend time with my child. I will try to enforce (somewhat) the reduced hours that I took a major paycut to have. And instead of worrying about how much time other people have and what they are doing, I will enjoy the precious time I have with my family. So far, it's working! We are having a good summer & enjoying each day. And only partially getting on each other's nerves:)
Jake playing with Mimi in his room. He is obsessed with people playing in his room with him. If you do it, you will be his best friend. And playing in his room with him basically means that you have to sit at the train table and play with the trains he doesn't like

He told me he was going to work (he is wearing Rob's dress shoes). I guess his office has a causal summer dress code that allows pajama shirts and no pants.

Jake is going to a summer daycare school Tu-W-Th (more about that later). Monday's & Friday's he is home all day with me. I try to keep a lighter schedule on Friday's, but Monday's are pretty busy. Some days we get along great on Monday's, other days, not so much. This was a not so much day. He had not napped, had a melt down and was just following me around whining. He was throwing a fit on the floor of the guest bedroom. Next time I turn around, he was fast asleep on the floor.
Our friends the Strickland's spent the night at our house one night on their way to the beach. We love guests! Due to traffic, they were late getting to our house & didn't arrive until around 9 at night. Jake & Addie played, but Jake was super tired (no nap day). At one point, he looked up at us & told us he wanted to go to bed. Sweet Addie took him to bed.
Tucking him in

Giving him a kiss good-night

Reading him a bedtime story

Jake was not amused
 We have spent a lot of time riding our bike. We keep meaning to upgrade Jake to a little "big" boy bike. We just haven't pulled the trigger to buy it. I know he has outgrown the tricycle, but I feel much safer with him on it! I don't know if mom is ready for a big boy bike.

He loves to have pretend accidents
 Potty training update: COMPLETE!! Our last checklist item was accomplishing standing up to pee. We actually had a hard time with this one. Finally, he has the hang of it. We have 4 bathrooms in our house, and Jake loves to try each one once a day. So once a week once a day I have to go behind him & wipe down all of the pee on our walls, floor & around the toilet.
You can always tell when Jake has gone to the bathroom & pulled up his own underwear & shorts

Daddy reading to Jake


Lots of bike riding
Jake loves for Robbie to chase him on his bike



Sometimes you loose your pants

No comments: