Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Over the Weekend

The Bush's were headed down to Niceville, FL and asked if Robbie, Jake & I wanted to tag along. Robbie couldn't, because he is studying for an upcoming test, but I took up the offer for Jake & me. My best friend Stephanie's parents live in Niceville, so I figured I wouldn't have to twist her arm too hard to head over & spend the weekend with her parents so I could see her. So Friday afternoon we headed down!

Because it was supposed to rain all weekend, when we got into town we went straight to the beach. Jake liked the sand but was unsure about the water at first. He opened up to it pretty quickly & of course cried when we made him leave to go eat dinner. 
Jumping in the sand

With Granddad walking on the ocean's edge


Saturday morning, Stephanie's parents invited us over to swim at their house. Jake had a great time swimming with Grant.
Swim train. Jonathan was nice enough to handle both boys in the pool so Steph & I could hang out & talk!



The sweet Behrens invited Jake's cousin Jackson over as well
Saturday afternoon, we stopped by a shopping center. Jake rode up in a Star Wars ride. He was acting so brave because Jackson was with him! 


We were staying the weekend at Granddad Jake's house. (Granddad Jake & his wife are on their annual summer RV excursion. We missed you guys!) Granddad Jake's house is right on the lake/pond, so Jake thought that was pretty cool.

Granddad & his 2 grandsons

 Saturday night, the Bush's kept Jake so I could go out to dinner with Stephanie & Jonathan. We had such a wonderful evening & of course I didn't even think about taking a picture. While we were at dinner, the Bush's all went out to dinner as well.
Granddad & Jake (I promise Mimi was on this trip as well. Not sure how she missed every picture!)

This is what happens when you skip your nap. You fall asleep in the middle of dinner.

Uncle Johnathan, cousin Jackson, sleeping Jake, Mimi, Granddad & Aunt Andrea

Having to be carried out




No comments: