Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween

We had a great 1st Halloween in our new house. I was super excited because I figured this is my last Halloween to pick out Jake's costume. His first Halloween he was a kangaroo and his second Halloween he was a shark. I wanted him to be an armadillo this year, but evidently, armadillo costumes for toddlers are not that popular. But I did find a scooby doo costume that was pretty cute. I bought the biggest toddler size they had, and thankfully tried it on Jake before Halloween. WAY too small. So then began the quick hunt for a new costume. Everything in the toddler sizes were too small & all of the kid sizes looked too old for him (evidently full body costumes are not popular in kid sizes). I finally found a monkey costume that I squeezed Jake into. After lots of bribing negotiating, I won & he wore the costume. He did make a pretty cute monkey & he got lots of candy. So we both had a happy Halloween!


How do I get this thing off?

Seriously?!? Can I please take this costume off now?
Jake did really good trick-or-treating. He loved going up & ringing the doorbell. The biggest challenge was keeping him from barging into people's houses when they opened their doors. As soon as they would open the door, he would just walk on in. He has asked me every day since if we can go ring doorbells & get candy. It's going to be a long 364 days until he can ring doorbells & get more candy. He has also thoroughly enjoyed the candy. We never keep candy at the house and I'm sure no grandparents ever give him chocolate, so he gets so excited when he eats it. He kept telling me "it's so good mommy". I'm glad he's enjoying it, but bummed that means less for me to sneak away to eat. I guess that's a good thing.
Hope everyone had a GREAT Halloween!

No comments: