Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Low Key Weekend

Since our last weekend was so packed & busy, we had a very low key weekend this weekend. Jake wore basically no clothes all weekend except to go out to eat or run errands. A toddler is so much easier to handle in a diaper only!
Fresh off of nap time
Look at that little hiney!
Being the old creepy guy that just sits & looks out his window at his neighbors
Ooh, did you see what they just did?
Just reading a good book
"Could you just please leave me alone lady?"
Bath time! All smiles!

Jake's new backpack

Trying to rock on his rocker if mommy would just get out of his way!



This morning before school. His shirt is so funny, but he did NOT wanting me taking a picture of him.
Tired little boy with Monkey watching over him
Yes I posed this. I thought that it was too funny that he sleeps with a stuffed monkey & there was one on his pajamas. Monkey was rubbing Jake's hair. (Thankfully Jake is a VERY heavy sleeper.)

To stop & play OR just keep going?

So, should you stop & let your child play on something if you know they are going to throw a fit when you make them leave? Jake & I were at the mall early Saturday morning. Our mall has a little soft playground inside. It is usually very crowded, so I normally would not stop to let Jake play. But, since it was early, there were no other kids playing. I decided to stop & let Jake play (even though he had been content just sitting in his stroller). Jake had a great time playing. After about 15 minutes, it was starting to get crowded. There were lots of other kids now & their parents were too busy playing on their phones to notice their kids about trampling my toddler. So I decided it was time for Jake & I to move on. He threw the BIGGEST fit. Screaming, lying on the floor, the whole 9 yards. (And let me tell you, that trying to pick up 35 lbs. of dead weight throwing a fit IS NOT easy or something you can do gracefully!) After we got outside, he calmed down, but I asked myself "why did I even stop". Yes, he had fun, but it was such an ordeal leaving. So, is it worth it to stop & let them play, or should I have just kept going?

No comments: