Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Past 3 Months

Well, we have had quite an exciting last 3 months. Robbie & I were married Saturday, April 19th at Patten Chapel in Chattanooga, TN. It was an amazing feeling to take those vows in front of our family & friends to our Lord & to each other. It was such a special time. Then we got to celebrate with everyone afterwards at the reception. I truly did not want the day to end. We have posted our photographer's photos (along with some others from the wedding) to the following website: http://community.webshots.com/user/robertandemmabush. Thank you again to those of you that shared in such a special day in our lives.

On Sunday, April 20th, we left for our honeymoon. We spent a week at the All Inclusive Grand Velas Resort & Spa in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. If you get the chance to stay at an all inclusive resort - take it! It is worth the price! The only problem is it will spoil you from staying in regular hotels again. It was an amazing week with beautiful views, a great beach, perfect service & pure relaxation.

Once we returned to regular life, we started settling down. After much debate, much moving around & plenty of trips to Goodwill, we were able to fit my stuff into Robbie's house, along with all of our fun, new wedding gifts.

After about 2 months of marriage, I began to realize that something was up. I wasn't sick any, so I figured it wasn't pregnancy. After about 10 pregnancy tests with results ranging from negative to unreadable to positive, I knew we needed to just go see a doctor. It was there that we learned that we had not read the fine print on the all inclusive portion from our honeymoon. We didn't realize that included a baby. We had gone to Mexico as 2 & left as 3. We were absolutely shocked to learn we were 8 weeks pregnant (We will not be using the "calendar" method of birth control again. We obliviously don't know how to read mine!) For as shocked & scared as we were, we knew that it was a special (& expensive) blessing. Even though this didn't follow the timeline we had in mind, it was a reminder that God controls the master timeline. We are due January 17, and I am currently 15 weeks along. At our 20 week checkup, we will find out the sex of the baby.
As if finding out that we were pregnant wasn't enough of a surprise, we also found out that my best friend, Stephanie is pregnant as well. Not only are we both pregnant, but we are the exact same week along. The babies are due 2 days apart. I am so excited to be going through all of this with one of my best friends.

Stephanie & I - 2 months along


We capped off our 3 month period as newlyweds with the celebration of my sister Lindsey's wedding. My parents are still in disbelief that they could have daughters almost 8 years apart, but get married within 3 months of each other. While the weddings were very different, they both shared a common feature. Lindsey & I both married wonderful Christian men. Lindsey's wedding was absolutely beautiful & so much fun. And I was relieved that I was able to fit into my bridesmaid's dress at 3 months pregnant! Lindsey & Brooks are both starting jobs in Atlanta & will be living there. Congratulations Lindsey & Brooks!


Lindsey & I at the rehearsal dinner

Lindsey & Brooks

The Hollon Family

Mom & I

First Dance

My sister-in-law, Leigh Ann is 7 1/2 months pregnant & I'm 3 months pregnant.

So that's our 3 month update since our wedding. I promise that future posts will not be this long! We just wanted to update everyone. We'll be updating this blog weekly, so please check back! It has been an exciting 3 months so far, and we can't wait to see what all the next year brings us.

4 comments:

The Solomons said...

Congratulations!!!! Me, Joel and Madeline are so happy for you guys!

Lisa said...

Congrats! Call me if you are ever over here visiting your sister. I would love to get together.

KK said...

Congratulations to all of you!!
Love and War Eagle
K Owen

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Robbie and Emma!!! So glad you started a blog too!! I am TERRIBLE about updating ours~ but I can not wait to hear about the baby's gender!! :-)Jessica